Chapter Four

A.N. UPDATE! This book is the longest thing I've written, and I actually wrote it in under three weeks because I was so inspired.

Chapter Four                                   

I'd stayed in the girls' bathroom for what felt like an unending amount of time. Standing by the sinks, looking up at myself in the mirrors, repulsed by my own face.

The boy I saw looking back at me, with ugly, pale blue eyes, bad skin and messy black hair, I hated that kid. I wanted him to just go away forever, to leave me alone. But there was no escaping him. I'd forever be trapped in this skin, no matter how uncomfortable I felt in my own body, I'd always be stuck in it.

The stench of the girls' bathrooms was making me feel sick. Lemons wafted throughout the whole room, clinging to my throat, clawing away at me. It made me nauseous, clutching at my stomach. I had to rest my hands on the sides of the marble sink just to stop my legs from collapsing under me. I felt so weak and so helpless, I felt like nothing.

I didn't deserve the things that I had. I didn't deserve a hot guy like Isaac coming after me, I didn't deserve a friend like Hebe, or such a loving family.

I knew I just had to stay away from him. That was my only solution. Everything had fucked up because Isaac kept fucking it up. Literally. I needed to make him stop, and the only way I knew how to do that was to stop this little thing before I became infatuated.

My phone buzzed suddenly in my pocket, startling me. My hands shook on the sides of the sink, slipping and making me fall down onto my knees, my chin hitting the wash-bowl and biting down on my tongue. Before I knew what was happening, I could taste the horrid warmth of blood spilling into my mouth. I quickly spat it out, washing out my mouth, and hurried to answer my phone.

"Hello?" I asked, my mouth sore and thick with the taste of metal.

"Hi, Tomasz." I shivered at the sound of his voice.

"Who is this?" I gulped. I knew exactly who it was.

"Isaac." He coughed awkwardly. "Uhm. Attenborough. Isaac Attenborough."

I almost passed out.

He was the last person I wanted to talk to. I was trying to convince myself that I didn't want him, but I did. I couldn't help that I did. The only thought going through my mind was, fuck Hebe, he's too fucking hot. Like I could ever resist him.

Just hearing his voice made me quiver under my skin like I was about to die, but it also made me smile comfortably. I didn't think I could stay away from him after that.

"How did you get this number?" I asked carefully, not sure of what to say. Why was he calling me?

"Mary gave it to me," he answered.

Mary was my lab-partner in Biology. He knew we were close and he cornered her and seduced her for my number. Mary was quiet and awkward and she would cave right under his smoldering gaze, just like I had. I hated how much I wanted him.

"What can I help you with?" I asked, like a stupid little freak on the phone to his grandmother. I hated how he made my stomach flutter and my head spin. I hated how easily I was putty in his hands, to be molded however he pleased.

"Where are you? Your voice is echoing."

"The girls' bathroom," I replied sheepishly, not sure how to reply to him.

I heard him laughing. "I'm right next door," he muttered , his voice husky and deep. "And I'm horny. Come find me." It was more of an order than a suggestion, so I'd obeyed and he hung up.