Epilogue

"A little help here?" Rama shouted at him.

Hiro leaned his shoulder against the wall of one of the houses in the alleyway and grinned. "No. You're a skilled warrior. I mean, beating two robbers is child's play to a man like you."

"You fucking ass," Rama cursed as he dodged the blade of one of his adversaries. "I think I liked it better when you still thought I needed protection."

Ignoring the way his heart accelerated when Rama made a narrow escape, Hiro reminded himself how capable his warrior was. How he really, really didn't need to intervene.

He thought he hid the fact that he had his dagger drawn well enough, until Rama walked over after his fight and punched his shoulder. "Don't think I didn't see your emergency plan."

Hiro smiled at Rama and sheathed his dagger again. "I'd like all my years with you, thank you very much."

Those brown eyes softened, and Hiro found himself drawn close. The touch of those lips still made his soul sing. And the claim, the way Rama took his breath still made him shiver.

Rama's fingers linked with his. He led him through the darkened streets of Harappa, the song of the cicadas mixing with drunken shouting a short distance away.

They didn't make it inside their house. Rama backed him against the wall, hands on either side of Hiro's face and his wild smile turning Hiro into a shivering mess. "So you think I'm a skilled warrior, hmm?"

Rama kissed the corner of his mouth and made his way down his throat, making it hard to come up with anything but an affirming moan.

"You didn't once feel the need to intervene?" Rama traced his collarbone with his tongue, leaving Hiro without words. Besides, denial would have been a lie.

He shivered as Rama kissed his way down his chest and stomach. And when the man looked up at him and said, "I love you for not intervening because you trust me. And I love you for being ready to intervene because you can't bear the thought of losing me," Hiro's knees gave out.

He faced Rama, cupping his face. "I will always be here. Fighting by your side. On my knees for you. Yours. For as long as you live."

Rama kissed him, hard and unrelenting. Parting his lips and delving into his mouth and taking everything Hiro had to give.

They stumbled inside the dark house, tangled in each other's limbs. Rama kicked the door closed and moved over Hiro. "We really need some pillows by the entrance," he murmured before he leaned down and claimed Hiro's lips once more.

Hiro didn't mind the roughness of the floor. He'd grown quite fond of the way his nails scratched it in a desperate attempt not to come when Rama's lips kissed his arousal, then claimed it like he claimed every part of his body.

He'd grown even more fond of the way Rama kissed his fingertips before turning him over and tracing every muscle along his back and ass with his tongue and lips, the nips that marked his skin, the first finger that slipped inside of him and made him arch and groan.

He ground his ass against Rama's cock, needing him. Needing to be one with the man he would love for as long as he'd live and far beyond.

Rama obliged, claiming him with one slow thrust to the hilt. "Mine," he told Hiro as he slowly drew back.

When Hiro whispered 'yours', he was rewarded with a powerful stroke that hit that one place just right and made him see stars. "Rama," he pleaded when the man stilled against him.

"So fucking perfect," Rama said, dropping a kiss at the back of his neck before he started moving.

Every hard stroke had Hiro sink deeper into the bliss of being owned and loved exactly right.

When he cried out his release, he found himself turned on his back. Claimed with increasingly erratic thrusts until Rama spilled inside of him. The man wrapped around him, his hold tight and perfect as they tried to catch their breath.

"Yours," he whispered against the heat of Rama's skin.

For as long as you live and far beyond.

THE END