Chapter 1

TW: Suicide attempt

Beautiful, that was the thought that went through a certain girl's mind as she stared at the orange hue of the sky. The wind was perfect as it breezed past her lightly all the while keeping her cool. People walked among the streets, oblivious as ever to whatever may be happening around them.

This sight couldn't be more perfect and yet why does it feel so bitter to admit?

It was the epitome of perfection, and yet it was just so unfortunate that the only person who could be witnessing such a scene was doing so under unfortunate circumstances.

It felt like a mockery, well it should've felt like one and yet she couldn't seem to hate it. She stood tall as she spread her arms out, the cool wind hitting her face causing her hair to flow behind her.

Her heart raced but not out of fear, no it was beating hard for adrenaline filled her veins. A quick look at the ground could've made anyone shake at the knees but this girl reveled at the thrill it made her feel.

A single step. That's all it took before (Y/n) (L/n) would be declared as no more but that thought only made it so much more tempting.

She knows how much she's leaving behind but to hell with all of them! Why should she feel bad for other people for the supposed "pain" they'd feel?! They didn't care about hers so it was only fair.

Tears seemed to prick at her eyes before she aggressively wiped them with her sleeves. She may be about to die but in no way was she going to do so while feeling bitterness in her heart at the thought of other people.

No! This was about her and no one else!

She stared ahead with determined eyes as the darkening sky greeted her once again, the cool hue seemed to calm her down as contentment filled her heart.

A quick breath of the cool wind made her feel as if she was able to breathe after drowning for so long. All the tension and anger were blown away after she exhaled, leaving behind nothing but pure and utter satisfaction.

With hands spread out like a bird, the wind hitting her whole body as her hair blew, it felt like freedom and she loved every bit of it.

It was like witnessing a crow finally be left out of the cage and be freed after its wings were clipped for so long.

Everything seemed so perfect to her at the moment and she didn't mind dying right then and there if this was the last thing she'd see before going out.

And so, with a turn of her back, she pushed herself off of the school rooftop as she began to free fall to her doom or in other words, her absolute freedom.

She felt the cool breeze hit her back and yet it stopped all so quickly. Her movement seemed to stop, it was as if time itself stilled at this very moment.

Hesitantly, she opened her eyes, and there she was greeted by the last glimpses of the sun before it finally left. Her body swayed slightly as from left to right as she finally realized the firm grip on her ankles.

It didn't take long before her body was pulled up from the edge of the rooftop and was now left to blink owlishly at a heaving ravenette that she assumes to be her savior.

As the guy finally managed to catch his breath, he immediately grabbed her hand before dragging her as far away from the ledge as possible. The guy stopped as they reached near the door to the rooftop, deeming it far enough, before plopping down on with his back on the wall and a leg prepped up as the other lay straight.

Following his actions, the girl slowly sat down with both of her legs up as she hugged it. Her eyes stared longingly at the glimmering stars in the sky, a silence surrounding them except for a few cricket noises as the guy was left to his thoughts.