Chapter 2

It's been a week or so after the encounter but no matter how much (Y/n) tried to talk to him, it seems as though something always came up to stop her. So many failed attempts along with wasted gifts suffered, that's why she was determined to finally talk to him today.

A familiar laugh was heard behind her and so she turned around only to catch a glimpse of the guy she's been looking for all day. He looked so happy as he conversed with his friends and (Y/n) couldn't help but be infected by it as a smile bloomed on her face.

She was about to walk up to him but a yell of her own name from behind caused her to stop.

"(Y/n)-san!!" A cheery voice called out but she could care less as she watched Shinichiro walk farther away in defeat.

The person who called out to her was shaking her by now as she still stood there sulking at another failed attempt.

A sigh escaped her lips as she gripped the chocolate box in slight acceptance. The person let go of her shoulders allowing her to finally turn and look at the girl properly.

"What is it Aira-chan?" The shorter girl grinned at her as her short green-haired bounced a bit.

'Aira's hair looks particularly softer today' the taller girl thought as she refrained herself from reaching out to pet it.

"Aoi-kun has something to discuss with you" She informed, the bright smile never leaving her face.

"I see, do you happen to know what it might be?" (Y/n) had a few ideas but she'd rather be certain of the topic before talking with Aoi. It's not anything bad really; it's just that debates with the purple-haired male tend to go a bit longer considering how competitive they both are.

"I'm not really sure but my best bet would be upcoming school events" The green-haired girl replied, a small hum in her voice as she said that in a thinking position.

"Alright, thanks a lot then Aira-Chan" And with that, the (H/C) haired female sprinted off with a wave.

Aira watched the girl walk farther and farther away before sweat dropping due to a realization.

"Does she even know where she's going?" The girl thought out loud before shrugging it off.

"Ehh, (Y/n)-san is perfect so of course she will" And with that, the green-haired girl sauntered off to wherever with a skip in her steps.

_______

It's been a few minutes and to say that (Y/n) was tired is an understatement. She completely forgot to ask Aira where Aoi was because she thought that he'd be in the student council room. As you could tell, she'd been very wrong as is now left to roam the school in a desperate attempt to find him.

She was pretty sure she's searched the whole school but it looks like luck wasn't on her side. She went through the big gym that the basketball liked to use hoping that maybe he'd be here but of course he wasn't.

The boys that weren't playing waved at her with a smile while the preoccupied ones just yelled out their greetings instead. Ever since that talk she had with Shinichiro, she tried to be a bit more open-minded and tried to look at things from a different perspective by removing her parent's influence in everything she did.

Soon enough, she started to appreciate the little things that happen around her. The way people greeted her when she walked the halls, to the small waves a few people would give her, and the smile they'd send her way if they ever had eye contact.

It made her realize just how much love actually surrounded her; she was just too blinded by the shadow of her parents that loomed over her every movement.

The thought gave her a new profound energy as she dashed off through the double doors leading out and to the gym, not before waving at the boys though. It would've been rude on her part not to.

As she opened the door, she was instantly greeted by the stairwell that she always hid in whenever she could, it was basically her safe space.

She knows that she should be looking for Aoi but the staircase just looked so tempting and she knows just how weak-willed she was and just gave in.

Positioning herself into her usual pose, her back propped up in the corner as she hugged her legs. Her head burrowed in between them and she let her eyes close.

It was comfortable; the warmth surrounded her in a way as if someone was hugging her. She felt so safe here as if she was untouchable and she loved it.

She was so close to falling asleep, that is until the sound of the door opening alerted her. Her head snapped up and was about to scowl at the person who interrupted her only to be met with the eyes of the person she was supposed to be looking for; Aoi.

"I knew you'd be here" The purple-haired male spoke, a small teasing grin present on his face causing her to pout.

"It was your fault for being so hard to find" The girl snapped back, her cheeks puffed out as she turned to look away from him in a form of annoyance.

Aoi just laughed it off as he started to make his way towards her. Once near her, he just sat himself down with his back on the wall, a leg propped up as he rested his hand that seems to be holding a bento on it.

"What's that?" She asked, curiosity showing as she stared at the object.

"A bento" He replied as if it wasn't obvious enough.

"So you came here to eat then? "

"Nope"

"Then why bring it?" She asked, a bit irked by his simple answers. Like Sir, it ain't that hard to just tell her what it's for without being asked.

"It's for you" He stated.

"Huh? Why?" she was obviously confused by that, it's not like she asked him to bring foo nor was she particularly hungry at the moment.

"You've been quite fidgety and anxious this past week, plus Ayato's told me that you haven't been eating that much or at all too" The (H/c) haired girl twitched at the mention of Ayato because that snitch?? How dare he??

"O-oh? Is-is that so?" She stuttered out as she turned to look away, Aoi was quite persistent in her taking better care of herself so he's definitely pissed right now.

She closed her eyes and waited for the lecture but nothing came. She was getting impatient and was about to yell at him to just get it over with until the scent of food hit her nose.

She opened her eyes and saw the bento open as Aoi held chopsticks with food near her face. Her eyes widened as she stared at the food, then to Aoi, then back to the food.

"It's obvious you aren't going to always take care of yourself and that's why I'm here, so open up before the food falls!" He lectured lightly, a panic look on his face as he stared at the food hoping it wouldn't drop.

The scene made her snort a little before eating the offered food. The purple-haired guy then turned back onto the bento to try and pick up another one. His tongue stuck out of his lips as he focused so hard on carefully lifting it up without falling.

A fond smile subconsciously appeared on her face as she stared at him. The food kept falling as she watched Aoi start to sulk before just taking the chopstick out of his hands as a form of mercy.

He kept her company as he watched her finish her food, a few offered bites here and there which he'd always try to refuse but end up eating anyway.

The usually quiet staircase was filled with laughter from both of them and the girl couldn't be happier.

She truly was lucky; too bad she was too blinded to see it before.

_______

Word count: 1318