Chapter 24

Excited chatter and laughter could be heard throughout the halls as students and teachers alike exited their respective classrooms with much haste. The loud bell rang loud for everyone to hear signaling the start of lunch break.

As you can probably tell, the 2nd semester has already started for most high school students, and (Y/n) wouldn't have it any other way.

"(Y/n)-Chan!!" Aira's loud greeting garnered her a lot of stares but the green-haired teen could care less as she excitedly hopped over to her best friend.

With a fond huff, the (H/c)-haired female turned to look at her friend with a smile. "Hello to you too." She greeted back all the while patting the other's head. The action seemed to make Aira really happy seeing as how the female giggled to herself, flowers and a colorful aura sprouting all around her.

'Cute.'  (Y/n) thought as she watched her best friend's antics, a small yet fond smile blooming on her face. Staying at home without having to deal with school and homework may sound like a dream to most students but (Y/n) honestly preferred it that way. Doing work may tire her out but over the course of a few months, she's come to learn that every bit of it was worth it if she got to spend time with her friends during the day.

"So how was your trip to America?" (Y/n) asked after Aira finally came back to her senses, her hands being clasped behind her as she walked slowly to maximize their time to talk. Being asked this, Aira immediately brightened up as she started to retell all of her adventures during school break, a happy smile on her face as she recalled memories of her beloved younger siblings.

"It was really fun! There were all sorts of places we visited." Aira said as she slowly lowered her hands that she put up in excitement during her storytelling. "Although..." The change of tone seemed to catch the (H/c)-haired female off guard seeing as how she turned to give her friend a curious side glance.

 "It would've honestly been better if you were there."

The sentence caused (Y/n)'s eyes to widen as she whipped her head to fully look at her female companion. As she did so, she noticed how uncharacteristically bashful Aira was acting, her face a bit flushed as she fiddled with her fingers, her head bowed as she avoided eye contact.

Before the heiress could even respond, Aira seemed to have had enough of the silence as she immediately started to stammer an excuse to leave.

"I think Aoi-kun called me earlier!" The female said quite loudly, her voice a pitch higher than usual as her face slowly turned redder and redder by the minute. "Byegottagoloveya!"

And just like that, Aira left in a hurry, her loud screeches being heard before quieting as she fully disappeared from (Y/n)'s sight.

"What was that about..." The heiress mumbled in confusion, a tad bit hurt that her friend left her so soon before they could even have lunch. It's not like she's never eaten lunch alone before but she really wanted to eat with someone today.

Maybe next time then.

Sighing, the female continued her walk in the direction of the cafeteria. The halls were quiet by now seeing as how fast everyone rushed to head into the said cafeteria before all the seats were taken.

Just as she was about to reach the long stairway down, a loud cry from the bottom caught her attention. She was about to rush to it until a body collided with hers causing her and the mysterious person to come crashing down.

"Hey! Are you okay?!" A male said with much worry from the bottom of the stairs seeing as loud footsteps followed after he said that. The much larger person on top of her groaned, and despite the fact that all of this happened too fast, he still managed to place his hand behind her head to lessen her pain.