Chapter 20

Loud chatter and murmurs filled the small classroom of elementary students as they conversed with one another. Their teacher seemed to be running a bit late and just like the kids they are, they took the opportunity to talk and mess around while they still can.

Some students could be seen running around and playing with paper-crafted airplanes while others stuck to simple conversations. Everyone was at least seen talking to a person, well all except one.

"Oops!" A small girl with sandy blonde hair said as she approached the desk of a certain kid still reading diligently in his chair. "I'm sorry, Kazuhiro-kun!" She apologized with a bow.

The boy, now introduced as Aoi Kazuhiro, merely gave her a glance before returning back to look at his book. "It's...fine." He replied in a hushed tone.

"Umm..." The female blinked nervously as she stared at something on his desk. "Would you mind handing that paper plane over?"

Aoi seemed to sigh at this causing the small girl to squeak a bit. "Here." He said with annoyance lacing his voice, his eyes narrowed as he stared his classmate down.

"T-thanks!" She said before running off to a group of other kids.

Aoi rolled his eyes at this before picking up the History book he was reading earlier. Their first subject was history and god knows just how much he'd hate for the lecture to start without him knowing anything first.

Just as he reached the final paragraph of the lesson they'll be covering, the classroom door suddenly opened to reveal a woman wearing a casual yet still professional outfit.

"I apologize for being late everybody." The woman said as she slowly walked over to the podium at the front of the class. The kids previously running around all seem to freeze at the sudden appearance of their teacher. "Please take your seats."

The frozen children all blinked up at her before slowly complying, their teacher watching them with a bright smile seeing as how quickly they followed.

Once the kids were properly seated, the teacher clapped her hands to gather everyone's attention once more. "Eyes on the board please!"

Aoi watched his teacher with disinterested eyes compared to the curious ones of his classmates. Sure their teacher's behavior was weirder than normal but it really isn't his business unless it's about schoolwork and grades.

"You all may be wondering why I was late right?" The class seemed to murmur at that before quieting down to listen to their teacher.

"I know it's a bit late in the school year but!" Their teacher started excitedly, a happy expression on her face making the kids smile too. "The principal called me to the office and guess what?!"

The kids giggled at her enthusiasm while yelling an excited 'what?', all with the exception of our grumpy purple-haired kid of course.

"You'll be getting a new classmate!"

Multiple kids seemed to gasp in excitement at this while others simply chose to listen to their teacher instead. The excited adult turned to look at the classroom door she came in before speaking again.

"Please come in now!"

And just like that, the door slowly opened to reveal an (H/c)-haired girl, her skirt flowing behind her as she walked in front of the classroom with elegance and poise. The kids all seemed to quiet down once the small girl finally turned to look at them, her blank eyes assessing each and every student.

"...Hello." Her voice was quiet and soft as she spoke, the teacher squealing in adorableness while the students continued to stare at her.

"Why don't you introduce yourself real quick before sitting down, alright?" The teacher said with a close-eyed smile. The (H/c)-haired girl quietly turned to look at her before giving a small nod.