Chapter 15

Hiruno Aira was often described as a bubbly girl, someone easily approachable whenever you need help. The girl had always been a social butterfly so it wouldn't be weird to see her talking to different friend groups every day.

Everyone always looked up to her for guidance because when things go wrong, she'd usually be the first to call off the argument to make things right again. A saint is what they called her, an attention seeker is what they whispered behind her back.

A pretty girl, who's friendly, popular, and naive. A perfect target for evil-hearted people, boys and girls alike. They abused her kindness and used her for their selfish desires by making her their own errand-runner because she can get away with a lot of things due to her kind reputation.

Some might say she 'deserved it' because, how naive can one be to not notice such blatant bullying? Unknown to most people, Aira does in fact know what's happening. Something even more unheard of is that Aira is, in fact, a huge coward when it comes to confrontations involving herself.

She couldn't stand up for herself the same way she does for others and she hates it, because every time she wanted to lash out, she just couldn't.

She hates how her words get stuck in her throat, but what she hates the most is how much she wishes for someone to speak out for her the same way she always did.

School was miserable for her as her 'friends' that merely stood by and watched her get used, slowly left. The whispers behind her back were barely discreet anymore as her reputation and popularity slowly sunk to rock bottom.

Her 'bullies' were greatly displeased by this as their bullying became way more physical instead of simple manipulation anymore. She hated it. She wanted to run away.

Loud, mocking laughter often rang in her ears as she always ended up on the floor. At first, it greatly dismayed her when she realized what was happening but over time, she grew numb to whatever stunt they pulled.

Today wasn't any different as a group of girls that used her laughed down on her. Aira was on the floor, the contents of her bag being spilled out on top of her head. Blood trickled down her cheek and arm as a few certain objects cut her when they fell.

"How pathetic, and to think people actually called you 'Strong'." A black-haired girl said mockingly as another round of laughter started. Aira wanted to bury her head in her arms but doing so will only result in more mockery, so, she merely kept her head straight down, her hair falling on her face.

"Tch." The same black-haired lady tsk'ed once she received no reaction from the green-haired female on the ground. "Hana!" She snapped.

The said girl immediately moved to get the object her master obviously wanted, a cruel smirk forming on her face as she knew what was to come.

Aira merely continued her gaze on the floor, eyes and ears not caring about what was happening or being said to her. It was a horrible decision to ignore and tune out her surroundings, she knows, but even if she did pay attention, what else could she do?

Suddenly, cold liquid hit her head before trailing down her back. Aira's eyes widened as she immediately turned up to stare at the black-haired girl in front of her.

The female had a smug smirk as she placed a hand on her hips, the other one holding an open can of soda.

"Y-you..." Aira muttered, her voice shaking as anger and something else bubbled up within her, the female's usually blank eyes stinging with forming tears.

That seemed to satisfy the 3 girls in front of her as they all laughed in amusement at her expression. Something just seemed to slowly crack within the female on the floor as she stared at them with wide eyes, one of her hands shaking as she unconsciously gripped the scissors that fell near her.