Chapter 19

Cruel and Selfish. Those were the only words appropriate enough to describe her father, (F/n) (L/n).

No matter how much she pleaded, all the man ever made her do was work, work, and you guessed it, work. Even as a child, that was all that ever went through the older man's mind.

So who cares if she was 7? She could already read, write, and talk, and so, should make herself useful instead of doing pointless things like playing.

The moment she could finally read properly and write without any grammatical mistakes, her father made her do the work that he should really be doing himself. I mean, honestly, no matter how mature she was, no child should ever be left to handle that responsibility.

(Y/n) couldn't help but chuckle bitterly at that thought.

Seeing as how no one opposed the way her father treated her, (Y/n) simply chose to suck it up considering how she thought it was completely normal.

Every day, maids and butlers alike would see the female running around the halls urgently from day to night, all the while holding onto stacks of documents.

No breaks were given to her, not even on holidays, and whenever she would rarely question her father, he would merely stare at her sternly and repeat the same words he always said.

'It's to prepare you for the future'

Thinking about it now, the female soon realized just how utterly stupid and shallow that reasoning was.

Just as (Y/n) was about to lay down properly on her bed, a knock from her door startled the female.

Standing up properly, the heiress brushed off the imaginary dust on her nightgown before turning towards the door. "Come in."

The person outside did as such as the door slowly opened to reveal a dark green-haired lady that wore a maid outfit.

"I apologize for the intrusion, my lady." The maid, also known as, Cho, bowed politely before standing up properly against the wall.

Once (Y/n) saw who entered the room made her lose all alertness as she sat back down at the edge of her bed. "Ah, it's you again."

"Yes."

"Get on with your little inspection then." The heiress mumbled emptily as she could honestly care less anymore. With a wave of her hand, the female laid back down on her bed. "It's not like you'd find anything anyways..."

"Yes."

And with that, Cho did her little search in silence before leaving the room.

A sigh came out of the (H/c)-haired teen once she heard the quiet click of the door. Her father assigned a maid to check up on her every 15 minutes just to make sure she wasn't planning on sneaking out anytime soon.

Asshole move, she knows.

Speaking of her father, (Y/n) couldn't help the dark look that took over her once empty expression.

'Just a small talk my ass.'

She thought bitterly before turning to lay on her side, her head laying on her arm instead of the many pillows in her bed.

"We're here." Yuki stated as she opened the car door for her master.

"Mhm." (Y/n) merely hummed as her eyes turned empty at sight of the mansion she doesn't dare refer to as a home.

"I- um-" Yuki stuttered out as she didn't know what to say to the (H/c)-haired teen standing next to her. "I just-"

Before she could continue, a sudden voice interrupted her.