6.) Wingman/Wing Woman

A couple of months had went by and I found myself unbelievably busy with school, not to mention my new internship with the BAU, which Hotch was ordered to turn into an actual thing somehow. Turns out someone mentioned that I had been joining the team on some cases, to Ms. Erin Strauss, who is the BAU Section Chief; and let me tell you...she was not happy about my involvement, at all! That is...until they told her about my abilities, which seemed to capture her attention, and kept the team in her good graces. Unfortunately, I can't join the team out on the field and can only work behind closed doors, until I graduate and complete my training in the academy training program.

"How's the studying going?" Reid asked me, as I looked up from my textbook.

"So far, so good. I have two more chapters left and then I'm done." I sighed.

"You got this, Mel." He said, making me smile. Spencer and I grew close over the last couple of months, and I'd be lying if I didn't admit that I kinda...sorta...liked him. He was so cute and sweet, always motivating me, and keeping me on my toes. Who wouldn't like him, honestly? "Also, I just finished reading your paper, and it was phenomenal."

"Thank you. I'm glad you liked it."

"Yeah, but there were some misspelled words, so I took the liberty of highlighting them for you."

"Ugh, seriously? You're making more work for me!" I pouted.

"Don't give me that look. You know you're a perfectionist." He said, making me roll my eyes.

"That's besides the point!" I snatched my paper from him, making him chuckle, as Morgan looked back and forth from Reid to me.

"Did I miss the wedding?" He asked. We both looked at him, with furrowed eyebrows. "Oh, don't give me that look, everyone knows you two have the hots for each other!"

"Do you have to be so loud?" Reid murmured, looking around.

"All I'm saying is that you either need to ask her on a date, or you ask him. I'm tired of all the googly eyes and the longing stares!"

"Okay, quick question...why are you watching us so closely?" I asked him.

"I'm not, but every time I turn around...I see this!" He said, making theatrical hand gestures.

"What you see is two friends, who enjoy each other's company, so what's the problem?" Reid asked.

"You know what? I won't press the issue, but I know y'all like each other, so don't say I never tried to help you." He got up and walked away, while Spencer and I started laughing. Though Morgan was right on the money, for me anyways, I didn't want to make things awkward between us.

"Typical Morgan. I know he means well, but sheesh. Anyways...I'm going to get something from the vending machine, you want anything?"

"Surprise me." He nodded, walking away, just as Emily approached me.

"Can I just say how impressed I am with you. I mean...you're going to school, training at the police academy, and helping us on multiple cases. If it were me, I'd have had a mental breakdown by now." She said.

"Believe me...I'm one paper away from having a mental breakdown, but I got this." I said, trying to convince myself.

"Well you know I'm here to help, if you ever need it, but I actually wanted to ask if you wanted to grab a drink tonight. After the long work week we've had, I think we could all use a night out." I glanced up, noticing that Morgan was watching us from the other side of the room, making me laugh a little.

"Let me guess...Morgan recruited you to invite me out, in an attempt to try and hook me and Reid up. Am I right?"

"That is...absolutely right, but believe it or not...I'm not asking for him. I'm asking for myself. I could use a wing woman tonight, seeing as how I haven't had a decent date in months, and Reid will just so happens to be Morgan's wingman." She said, making me laugh. Reid as Morgan's wingman? I can't even imagine how that would work. "Come on...please say yes."