9.) Overwhelmed

I was in a complete daze, sitting in a conference room alone, nervously rubbing my hands together. An hour ago, I literally met the man who I believe was my father, and the only response he had was multiple shocking blinks. Shortly after that, Rossi, JJ, and I came back to the station, and I haven't moved from this spot since. Pulling out my phone, I took a deep breath, calling my grandma. If anyone had all the answers, it was definitely her.

"Hello?" She answered.

"Hey grandma." I spoke, trying to sound as normal as possible.

"Hey baby. How's the case going?"

"Still haven't found who we're looking for, but it's coming along."

"Oh lord. What is it?" She asked.

"What is what?" I questioned, furrowing my eyebrows.

"You sound upset, so go ahead and tell me what's wrong, so I can try and help." I took a deep breath, placing my hand on my forehead.

"Do you know someone by the name of Stanley Usher?" The line stood silent, which basically told me all I needed to know. "You do, don't you?"

"How do you know about him?" She asked.

"Apparently he's a local psychic here, who is helping with the case, giving me no room to actually do my job." I huffed.

"I remember Stanley. He and your mother met in a bar one night and became instantly inseparable. He was a good guy, or so I thought, until he found out that your mother was pregnant. That's when packed up and moved to Bastardsville with the rest of the no good men in this world!" I laughed a little, shaking my head.

"So...he's definitely my father then?"

"Yeah baby, he is. I figured you inherited your psychic genes from you father, but it was never confirmed until now." She said, making me groan. "How are you holding up?"

"I don't even know. I'm so exhausted and I can barely even wrap my head around all of this." I said.

"Baby, you have a lot on your plate already, and I can't tell you what to do or how to handle this situation."

"But it would be so much easier if you did."

"Don't I know it, but my advice is to at least talk to him and get his side of the story. Then, you can determine if you want him in your life or not." She said. She was right. There were two sides to every story and so far...I only knew one side. My mother's side. I opened my mouth to talk, only to be cut off by Rossi, who stepped into the room.

"Hey grandma, I gotta go. Love you." I said, hanging up the phone.

"Can we talk?" He asked.

"Sure."

"I owe you an apology for my behavior earlier. It wasn't fair to you and it was completely unprofessional of me."

"I just don't understand. Did you not like him because he was a psychic, or...what?" I asked him.

"I have no problems with psychics, which you know first hand, but I have had my fair share of fake psychics that only prey on grieving families for money. It's not that I don't like him, I just don't believe he's the real deal." He said. "Besides...I was also skeptical about you when we first met."

"But you gave me a chance and look what happened. Your best selling book has my story in it." He laughed, playfully nudging me. "But all jokes aside...he is the real deal. I could feel it when he touched my hand."

"And what did you see when he touched you?" He asked me.

"I saw the truth. He knew my mom, they had a relationship, and then...it was over. But Rossi...he seemed so shocked when I told him who I was. Does that mean he didn't know?" I asked him.