10.) First Date

It had been a week since I had asked to take a step back from cases and I was feeling a lot better. A lot of people have been questioning why I was going to school and doing the police training academy, since I only needed to have the training to join the FBI, but I simply explain that I wanted a criminal justice degree. That way, in the future, if a better job offer comes along then I'd be more qualified for it.

I've also been keeping in contact with Stanley, who has been teaching me more about my ability, so I could have a better understanding on how to use it. He's been asking me to come back and visit for a few days, but with everything I have going on...that probably won't be likely for awhile. 

I was fast asleep, getting some much needed rest, waking up to the sound of my phone ringing. I sat up, looking all over my bed, finding my phone under my pillow.

"Hello?" I answered.

"Hey...were you sleeping?" Spencer asked.

"Mhm." I began, clearing my throat. "The academy was brutal today, so after soaking in a hot tub, I immediately passed out as soon as my head hit the pillow. You guys back?"

"Yeah, we just landed actually, and I really wanted to see you. I was thinking we could have dinner or something."

"Are you asking me on a date?"

"That depends...are you saying yes?" He questioned, making me smile.

"I'd love to go on a date with you. Just let me know the time and place." I smiled.

"We can meet at Mulligans restaurant in an hour?"

"Okay, sounds good. I'll see you soon."

~~~

An hour later, I arrived at the restaurant, feeling oddly nervous. Though I had no reasons to be nervous, especially since I've been out with Spencer before, this time just feels somewhat different.

"Hi, dining alone?" The hostess asked, smiling at me.

"No, I'm actually meeting someone here, but I'm not sure if he's arrived yet. Last name Reid." I said.

"Yes, he just arrived. Follow me." She led me towards a secluded table in the back, where Spencer was sitting, nervously fidgeting with his fingers. "Here we are. Enjoy!" I thanked her, taking a seat across from him.

"Wow, you look beautiful." He said.

"Thank you. And you look...tired." He laughed a little, rubbing his eyes.

"Yeah, that last case was a bit stressful, but I don't want to talk about that. I just want to enjoy tonight with you, talking about anything besides work." I couldn't argue with that. So for the next hour, we spent it talking about everything, aside from work, laughing and just enjoying each other's company. "You know...I've always found it difficult to talk to people, especially women, but with you...it just comes so easy."

"Seriously? You talk to a lot of people, day in and day out, so what's the difference between this and that?" I asked him.

"It's different when we're working, because my focus is soley on the case, but I guess a weird nerd like me isn't a turn on to most women." He said.

"Then I guess that's why I like you so much. I don't see you as a weird nerd, but I do see you as an extremely handsome guy; who's basically a walking encyclopedia." He laughed a little, his cheeks turning a bright shade of pink. "And besides...there's nothing wrong with being weird. Me personally, I think a weird nerd is a massive turn on." He looked up at me, locking his gaze onto mine, as he reached over and grabbed my hand.