Prologe

((A/N: Okay, so this chapter will basically be an introduction to Mortal!Nico's past in this story. Yes, this is a mortal AU.

WARNING: THIS STORY CONTAINS BOYXBOY CONTENT, IF YOU ARE AGAINST IT, I SUGGEST YOU STOP READING RIGHT NOW.

ANOTHER WARNING: THIS STORY ALSO CONTAINS DEPRESSION AMD POSSIBLY SUICIDAL THOUGHTS (no self-harm) IN FUTURE CHAPTERS. MAY TRIGGER SOME PEOPLE. READ WITH CAUTION.))

Nico di Angelo was one of those kids. The kind who gets best up but no one helps. The kind who is constantly bullied. The kind that get integrated by the police because of rumors. He was the kind of kid who no one wanted to be friend with.

His past didn't help. When he was only eight, his mother died in a car crash. And he thought it was his fault. The night before, he was caught playing around with his mother's car, though his parents didn't care. They didn't know that he had accidentally loosened a tire. The police said that a loose tire caused the crash, and Nico instantly blamed himself for it.

After his mother's death, his father became distant. He locked himself in his room, becoming obsessed with his job, Nico and his sister hardly ever saw him, even at dinner. He just made the food then gave it to the kids then disappeared. They were lucky to get as much as a sock on their birthday.

Only two years later, his sister died also. She was hit by a car while crossing the street, and she was severely injured. The doctors thought she would live, as long as she stayed hooked up to some machines. Clumsy little Nico tripped over one of the wires connecting her to he machines, unplugging it. She died. Nico blamed himself.

It only went downhill from there. Nico began to have panic attacks only a month later. His father tried to be there for him, but he was suffering too. He was diagnosed with depression and anxiety when he was only 11. It didn't help with the fact that he was also ADHD.

He could hardly learn. He couldn't focus. Most of the time, he entered a panic attack-big or small-during a test. He was constantly bullied for his past, anxiety, and ADHD. When he was 12, he ran away from home. He lived with a young girl-Hazel Levesque-whose parents took him in for two years, before his father finally found him again.

In high school, it was two times worse. Hazel went to a middle school near his school, and a few people who treated him nicely, but he never really allowed himself the luxury of friends. Rumors about him spread like wildfire.

"He cuts himself"

"He's gay"

"He killed his family"

The most dangerous one was the last one. Police found out and even came to his house to ask him and his father some "questions."

His depression and anxiety got worse. He couldn't go one day without a panic attack or at least tearing up. He thought no one could save him. No one.

Until a blonde decided to help.

((A/N: So that was the prologue!

Further along in the story there will be different POV's, mostly Will's and Nico's, but I might throw in some more. Emphasis on might.

I really hope you enjoy!! 😊))