The Boy

I sat there, stunned by what just happened. I could hear someone whistling as they retreated...as if they had not just kidnapped someone.

I started to angrily shout after them, but they were gone.

It seemed like eternity passed and I became really hungry. The men had not returned, and I had tried to loosen my bonds. 

It only made them tighter and cut into my skin painfully.

Finally, it seemed more hours and then the door on the far end opened. I tried to raise my head high enough to see who it was. It was one of the men. He had come back, and he had a bowl in his hands.

Was that food?

I was starving.

He opened the stall door and handed the bowl to me. He shouted at someone behind him to hurry up. I reached to the bowl but there was nothing in it.

I glanced up at the new pair of boots that entered and choked on my breath.

That guy was freaking gorgeous.

He was taller than me, had raven black hair and his face was so cute. I stared for a moment. He also was holding a large bag in his arms. 

He quickly lowered to one knee and started pouring the contents of the bag into the bowl. His dark eyes raised to look up at me and they looked so sad.

I looked at the bowl and stared. It was dog food.

"What—" I started, "how can I—"

"You are hungry, aren't you?" the older man cut me off.

I shook my head, "No...I can't eat this!"

He laughed and the young man stood up after closing the bag.

"Well this is all you have," he glared at me, "Yoongi, come with me."

The young man gave me one last glance before following the man out of the stall.

"Wait!" I exclaimed, more out of whim.

They both halted.

Yoongi did not turn around but the other man did.

"What?" he sounded irritated at me, "Yoongi and I have some things to do."

Yoongi lowered his head, and I could see he didn't seem to like what the man said.

"Why am I here?" I asked, getting on my knees, pleading, "please tell me!"

The man frowned. I could see his silver teeth and I cringed. There were too many lost teeth, and the rest were either silver or rotten.

"You don't know why, and it is better that way," he said.

"I have a right to know. You kidnapped me. And bound me."

He rolled his eyes, "You will find out in no time. Come on Yoongi."

Yoongi was grabbed by the collar and hurried out of the stall.

I looked at the bowl of dog food. My mind was hazy, and I told myself I would not eat that even if I was going to starve.

The bugs were starting to swarm around me, and my skin itched because of the hay.

What in the world was going on?

I was starting to fall asleep when I heard light footsteps coming towards me. I kept my eyes slit shut but slightly open. My heart was racing.

I could make out Yoongi's slim form. He was tip toeing as if scared to make any rustle in the hay.

He stopped a foot away and set something down on my lap. I made sure to keep my eyes closed until he retreated.

Once I was sure he was gone, I opened my eyes and looked down. There was something bound in a cloth. I opened the cloth and found a slice of buttered bread and thin slice of meat that looked like chicken.

Why had Yoongi brought this to me? Had he felt bad? I wasn't sure whether I could trust him or not, despite his innocent look.

They probably had someone like him around since he looked so innocent and used him to probably play out the killings. I was sure of it. However, the smell had reached my nose fast and I couldn't help but want to eat it. I was starving and I would NOT eat that dog food.

I ate the food really fast before I could change my mind. I was wondering if I was going to regret it and waited to faint or feel sick. But none of those thing came. Perhaps it had been ok to eat what Yoongi gave to me. 

Then again...could they be playing my trust? Maybe letting me trust that the food would be ok and then one day it would kill me?

............................................