The Road Ahead

Hans undid my chains and led me to the trail.

"It's time for you to run. I will give you an hour head start. Don't worry though, I will find you!"

I squeezed my wrist with my other hand and grimaced. He didn't know and hopefully wouldn't know.

I nodded.

"What are you going to do to Yoongi?" I asked, drawing up the courage.

Hans stroked his chin, "Why would you care?"

"I want to know!"

Hans grinned, "You really do? Then I will tell you. He is famous. Do you know this?"

I nodded, "Yes."

"I will hunt him as well. We couldn't find another victim for today, so he will have to do."

"Leave him alone," I begged.

Hans rolled his eyes in annoyance, "You should be worrying about yourself."

I clenched my fists, "Can you please let him go?"

"Shut up, ok? You are irritating me. I have a knife right now I could just slash you."

Without exchanging another word with him, I turned and rushed into the underbrush. I was going to run before he would realize he could not track me. What direction did he usually go towards the road? 

I was racking my brain to remember.

If I could get the police within the next hour, then maybe I could save Yoongi.

I ran further into the wooded area, then started to go along the pathway the was far enough away. I could see it though, still.

Maybe if I ran into Yoongi, I could drag him along with me.

It took a while and I started to freak out when I found no sign of the country road. It had to be close by, based on what I remembered.

As I was taking a break from running, I heard rustling of the branches. I turned my head and jumped to my feet, alert. 

It couldn't have been an hour yet!

Heart racing, I looked around and spotted Yoongi rushing through the trees. He was sweating like crazy and looked slightly dazed when he stopped to catch his breath.

"Why you still here?" he panted.

"The road...I must have went the wrong direction!"

"It has to be near here if you followed the path."

He bit his lips and then started to run away, but I caught him.

"Come with me..."

"They will track me and if you are with me--"

"I don't care. If we both can't escape, then it is better that we both die together."

Yoongi stared at me in disbelief.

"WHAT!" he shook his head, "run, I command you."

He pushed me forward.

"I will distract them. Run."

With that, he ran a ways from me and then disappeared in the underbrush. With an exasperated sigh, I continued running forward. I finally reached what seemed to be a stretch of road. My heart raced with excitement mixed with terror.

I started waiting for a car to pass by. It was a country road...one would probably not come.

Time went by and I was starting to realize that I might die if a car didn't come by within the next hour. I could hear Yoongi behind me.

"Y/N," he was breathless from running, "I will hide slightly farther in. If they are coming, I will warn you so you can run elsewhere until a car comes."

"You should stay with me so when a car comes you can come with me."

He chuckled under his breath, "Really? You are still insisting, aren't you? With this chip..." he pointed to his wrist, "he could track me anywhere and hurt anyone I come in contact with. I could rip it out and go to the hospital, but it would have to be within a few hours."

Finally, I spotted a car coming our way. I looked back to see if Yoongi was near. He started making hands at me.

"They are coming!" he was mouthing.

I stared at him with shock.

I turned towards the road and started running and waving my hands wildly, hoping that the car would stop. 

"Hey!" I screamed, "please! Stop!"

The car halted and the driver looked startled.

I looked back over my shoulder. The two men were rushing after me, holding guns.

"GO!" Yoongi yelled.

I felt my heart tearing into pieces. But I started to run towards the car once more.

Yoongi was staring at me and pointing to the car. Hans was so close he could grab me soon enough. Andres shouted after me and started to follow Hans, but then I saw, with horror, that Yoongi was starting to tear at his wrist.

He was taking out his chip and I could hear Hans shouting at him to stop.

I reached the car and as it drove away, the driver was asking me what was going on. I could not hear him...my ears were deaf. All I could see as we drove speedily away was Hans and Andres standing over Yoongi who was now bleeding heavily.

No...

I could not find words to say. The man in the drivers' seat was trying to ask me things but I could not answer. All I could say was this:

"Call the police! Call them!! Tell them to come here! NOW!"

The man fumbled for his phone. I heard him call the police and tell them about how someone was being killed.

"Once he tears the chip out of his arm he only has a few hours!!! Hurry!!!" I exclaimed.

We just passed the entrance of the place where I had been taken by the kidnappers. He told the police that address and that they should hurry.

Only when he told me that the police were on the way, I was able to black out.

...........................................