Nighttime

Hans and Andy walked into my stall late in the afternoon. Andy was holding a plate of food while Hans held a glass of water in his hand.

"Eat up, your hunt is coming up!" Hans pulled up a hay bale and set the plate with the water on it.

I eyed the water. How could I act like I was drinking it yet not? I had been thinking about this pretty much all day. I smiled and started to pick at the food.  

Hans smile faded after a few moments.

"Aren't you going to tell me you are scared, blah, blah, blah?" he asked.

I rolled my eyes, "Really? Why would I please you by doing that?"

I brought the glass to my lips. My heart quivered in nervousness as I pretended to take a big sip of the water. In reality, I let it slip slowly down my chin as I put the glass back down.

I kept doing this because the hay was thankfully covering the spot of water that was slowly forming on my clothes. Soon enough, I finished "drinking" and Hans grabbed the plate and empty glass, a grin on his face.

"Ok! See you tonight!" he clapped his hands together and left with Andreas.

That was fast...

...................................

I pretended to be asleep. I could hear their footsteps and then the door opened. I dared not look.

The person stopped and I didn't hear anything but their breathing. I felt a warm hand brush the side of my face and my heart almost stopped. Was that Yoongi? He was checking up on me to make sure that I was ok?

I then felt his fingers press lightly on my pulse.

"Rest," I heard him whisper, "pretend like this...don't think racy or scary thoughts...your heart rate will increase and give you away."

I slowly nodded and then, my eyes still closed, I touched his hand, grabbing it. I brought it to my cheek and squeezed it fondly.

My heart started to race and he pulled his hand away.

"No racy thoughts," he said. Nevertheless I could hear him chuckle softly.

"I'm not," I said quietly.

"Yes you are," he said back.

"Why?"

"Your pulse says everything."

I felt my face grow warm.

"Then I want it to race with you." I said nervously.

He was silent for a long  moment.  I opened my eyes and looked at him. He was staring at me, a warm look in his eyes.

"Y/N," he said, "We can't."

"At least tell me," I pleaded, "do you think anything about me?"

He did the blink thing he does when he was nervous.

"I think you are caring, a breath of fresh air." He paused.

"That's it?" I blushed, telling myself it was silly that he might think anything else. My feelings were not the same as his. He just lapsed when he kissed me, it was not on purpose.

"In the situation we are in," he said finally, "do you think it is right to have such feeling?"

I froze. Yes, I had thought of that before too. He was right. This was life or death and I was too busy liking him instead of escaping like I should.

I slowly shook my head, "No...we shouldn't be thinking of such things."

I felt disappointment wash over me. How is it that I fell for someone when the situation wasn't right? Why was this happening to me?

Yoongi gently brushed my hand off of his arm.

"That is what I was thinking too," he said.

Then he stood up. 

I watched him disappear into the darkness and then go out the door into the night.

....................................

Not long after, as I was resting my brain, more footsteps came and I knew that this time it was Hans and Andy.

I kept my eyes closed and tried not to think about anything. They came up to me and I could hear Hans telling Andy to get the chip. I felt a needle poking into my skin on my wrist and then a small, sharp pain. 

I had prepared myself for it and kept calm. It was true that I did not hurt much at all.

"She will wake up tomorrow and not know any different," I heard Andy say. It sounded like he was grinning as he spoke.

"We will break the news to her tomorrow. Anywhere she goes we will know where she is. Thankfully. Also, did anyone stop at the store while I was gone?"

Andy sounded upset, "No. No one did."
Hans stomped his foot and let go of my wrist.

"Let's go. I'm ready for a drink." He and Andy's footsteps faded.

I waited until they were gone, then quickly started to look at my wrist. The slit was there and it looked like a splinter.

Gritting my teeth, I started to pick at it with my dirty nails. It took a while to get it out, but since it was out, I wasn't worried now. I took a deep breath and then dropped it into the hay. It was forever lost.

I took a deep breath and wiped my wrist against my clothes. It looked fine, not too damaged. Then I laid back down and pretended to sleep.

I was ready to escape now. They would probably not watch me as closely since they would think I had the chip. 

Smiling, I fell sleep for real.

....................................