XXIV

˜”*°• She Was There •°*”˜

Kunikida blushed at her words and he bashfully turned his face to the side, his heart might not take it the longer he would stare at her beautiful face.

(Y/n) merely smiled at him with her eyes closed and she let out a soft humming sound— whilst swaying her hips a bit.

Dark brown eyes watched with subtle bitterness, a small frown resting on his features.

Dazai will admit, he doesn't really like it whenever someone else would be taking his belladonna's attention from him.

Especially when she's all smiles and laughter like that.

He was jealous.

But could you blame him?

He was a man capable of feeling envy and he was man capable of feeling attached to someone.

"Well, all's well that ends well, right?"

The brunette spoke and smiled earning the (h/c)-nette's attention.

"I've heard that if you're too neurotic," He's face suddenly morphed to a worried one. "You'll get a lot of wrinkles and you start to age faster."

"Is that true?"

Kunikida turned to him with a curious gaze as the brown haired male bent down a bit and encouraged him to take out his notes.

"Go on, take notes."

...

What a load of bs.

(Y/n) deadpanned, knowing that Dazai was messing with the blonde investigator again. And unsurprisingly, the latter fell for it.

She watched as Kunikida began scribbling down every word Dazai said on to his notes.

"If you're too neurotic, you start aging faste—"

"I'm messing with you."

Cue, another pen of his broke and the blonde was irked.

"Dhaa!"

"Hua—!"

"Eep!"

Kunikida suddenly stood up— startling the (h/c) haired woman, as he roughly kicked his colleague and a loud thud was heard as the brunette made impact on the office door.

"Bastard!" He yelled.

"Stop ridiculing me!"

The former kept on spouting profanities at him, as Dazai began sliding down on to the floor and (Y/n) rushed to see if he was okay.

"Ah— Osa-kun! Are you okay?!"

Unbeknownst to them, a certain ginger haired bomber was left unattended and free.

The said bomber quickly got up and took their distracted selves as an opportunity. He slammed his foot on to Kunikida's lower back and he also pulled the latter's hand back harshly.

"All of you!" He gritted his teeth and kicked the blonde forward.

Everyone gasped and it was then they realized their mistake.

"Crap!"

(Y/n) let out a startled noise and Dazai instinctively wrapped an arm around the woman— who was kneeling beside him— protectively.

"Stop making fun of me!" The ginger haired man went to retrieve the remote and began smiling strangely.

"I swear, anyone gifted with supernatural powers has something wrong with them inside."

With that he pressed something on the remote and the bomb on the table began to show a timer counting down.

"Thirty seconds left until detonation?!"

Atsushi fearfully exclaimed, eyes widening at how fast the numbers decreases.

"Hey, brat!"

Kunikida attempt to run towards the albino to pull him to safety— but was tackled down by the ginger-nette.

"No way!"

"Argh—!"

"Kunikida-san!/Kunikida-kun!"

The (h/c)-nette and the white haired male simultaneously cried out. The former wanted to aid him, but the brunette's grip on her wouldn't allow her.

'What should I do?'

The man-eating-tiger's eyes frantically looked at numbers going down on on the bomb, as he tried to think of a solution.

"We might be able to mitigate the force of the explosion somewhat if we can find something to cover the bomb."

Dazai's words rang through his head, and that's when he finally got an answer.

"Something to cover the bomb."

He muttered, seeing the numbers almost hitting zero.

"Something?! Anything?!" He quickly darted his head around to see if there was something that could be of use.

"!"

His gaze fell upon the student that was still tied up on the floor— the girl flinched when she met his gaze and tears appeared in her eyes.

Atsushi gritted his teeth anxiously, not knowing what to do.

19 seconds left.

"Atsushi-kun!"

(Y/n) managed to rid herself off from the brown haired male's strong hold— shocking him, as she quickly stood up to ran towards the boy.

"(Y/n)!" Dazai called after her, as he too, stood up and hurriedly went after the woman, cursing— not that quietly— trying to get the woman back into his arms for her safety.

But as the (h/c)-nette ran towards the young male, she was instead met with the student pushed away from the bomb and she collided with her.

"Oh—!"

The sudden force made the older woman stumbled back a bit. Her hands was wrapped around Naomi, trying to stable herself from falling— but fortunately, Dazai held her waist, preventing her from falling.

"Atsushi-kun!"

"—!"

"!"

.

.

.

Both of them suddenly felt their breath hitched of what they saw.