III

˜”*°• She Was There •°*”˜

"She's taking forever~"

A man, dressed in a beige trenchcoat sat on an office chair, groaned.

The agency was slow today, there was not much cases to solve. The others were just writing their reports whilst others were just lounging around.

"Oi, Dazai!"

A voice boomed, his little ponytail swayed at his every movement. The said man sighed in annoyance, he didn't really time for the blonde, for he was too busy waiting for his beloved.

"What is it now, Kunikida?"

Kunikida waved the newspaper in the air and while tapping his foot, clearly annoyed by the brunette.

"Would you quit moping around? We have a case to solve."

Dazai groaned, "I don't wanna."

He spun his chair, turning his back on him, facing the window, hoping his beloved would come and visit them.

Kunikida was having enough of him, he gritted his teeth and forcefully pulled the brunette by the back of his shirt.

"You are coming with me, whether you like or not!"

Kunikida yelled, while dragging a whiney man with him.

Kunikida and Dazai searched and interrogated the people of Yokohama.

Well, it was more like Kunikida was doing all the work while Dazai on the other hand was flirting with all the fine ladies he could encounter, asking for them to join his 'Lovers Suicide' and would end up with a harsh smack on the head.

After hours of working— mainly Kunikida, the brunette came across a bridge. His brown eyes gleamed in delight.

He took a short glance at his partner and the blonde seemed to be preoccupied talking to a local fish seller.

Dazai took this opportunity and sprinted towards the bridge. He thanked the Gods for giving this moment and without hesitation, the brunette jumped.

Atsushi coughed, the boy was trying to catch his breath. He couldn't believe it though, a lowly person like him, managed to save a life?

Atsushi was wet, cold and miserable. But he couldn't believe it.

He couldn't believe he actually saved a man. He couldn't believe he actually did something!

For a moment, his eyes lingered to the man laying on the concrete floor beside him. When, the brunette suddenly slowly sat up, startling the poor boy.

"—!"

"?"

"You were floating down the river..."

Atsushi stared at the man with uncertainty.

"Are you okay?"

The brunette's eyes stared at nothingness. "I made it."

"Damn."

"Damn?!"

The boy was even more confused.

Just what the heck was with the randomness going on in his life? His gaze was of confusion whilst the man furrowed his brows.

'Did he just say "damn"?'

His eyes were on man's back, he was trying to comprehend what the man meant. Slowly, the brunette stood up.

"Are you the one who interrupted my submersion?" He asked.

"I was just trying to help." Atsushi replied.

Then it hit him.

"—Huh?"

"Submersion?!"

Did this guy just tried to drown himself?

His submersion?

Drowning?

Why?

Questions filled his mind. He was trying to understand what the HECK was this guy doing?

"You don't know what I mean by that?"

The brunette place a hand inside his pocket and turned to face the white haired boy.

"I was trying to commit suicide."

.

.

.

"S-Suicide?!"