Part 18

The trio enjoyed a blanket of comfortable silence while they finished up the snacks. Izuku would occasionally talk about Nezu's sadism with humour while Shouta would shudder at the mention, which was actually really amusing to Shouto who wasn't used to seeing his homeroom teacher with an emotion other than 'I'm-too-tired-and-utterly-despise-every-single-one-of-you'.

"Eekk!!" Izuku screeched in horror as he looked at the time. The two others in the room found it adorable how the greenette behaved like a literal child. "S-sorry, Aizawa-san, Shouto-kun, I have to go now! My mom's probably worried sick!"

The stone-face twins nodded in understanding.

"I'll walk you home, kitten," the elder offered.

Izuku wasn't sure if he wanted the poor sleep deprived hero to do as. He could get some sleep in that time. Besides, it's not like he couldn't defend himself. He did not need to be protected and yet strangely enough, everyone he befriends became protective of him. That made him scrunch his face a little, resembling a toddler who was told 'no'.

"It's okay, Aizawa-San. My home's not that far. I'll be alright"

"It's late, Izuku," Todoroki said, startling the two, "you should let him walk you home. I stay at the dorms or I would have accompanied you"

"Really, Shouto-kun! I'll be fine! It's not that long of a walk either" Izuku tried to assure them but alas, it fell on deaf ears.

Izuku found himself walking out of the campus with Shouto beside him. Shouta had to get Nezu's permission to leave the campus which, as it appeared, would not take much time. Knowing Nezu, the conversation might go like this…

Aizawa: Ne-

Nezu: Permitted.

Shouto frowned slightly as they neared the gates. He was thankful that the dorms were on the other side or he'd have to explain the noisy brats as to why he was walking with a bush. He wanted to ask Izuku what his quirk is because it totally slipped his mind. Maybe the greenette found out about him due to his quirk?

"Say, Izuku?" Shouto called out, snapping Izuku from his thoughts- which was repeating 'ohmygodImetEraserhead!OhmygodI'mactuallyatUA!OhmygodImadeafriend!OhmygodMom'sgonnagocrazy!OhmygodImetallthepro-'

(Oh my god I met Eraserhead! Oh my god I'm actually at UA! Oh my god I made a friend! Oh my god mom's gonna go crazy! Oh my god I met all the pro-)

"Y-yes?" He answered, embarrassed by his lack of attention.

"I was wondering… what's your quirk?"

That made Izuku stop in his tracks and Shouto's eyes widened slightly due to the mix of shock and horror that swirled in Izuku's eyes. He wondered if he offended the greenette or maybe he hated his quirk like Shouto hated his fire?

"I'm sorry if that was insensitive of me"

Izuku shook his head and took a deep breath. If he wants to be friends with someone, he should be honest with them. If Shouto stayed even after finding out about his quirklessness, then maybe he could say that he had found a true friend.

"I-it's okay. I just wasn't ex-expecting that. Um… " he shifted uncomfortably. The last time he revealed it to the pros, he was rather confident because it was a group chat. He didn't have to look them in the eye and say that he is quirkless nor did he have to look at their reaction. Now, telling it to someone he came to view as a friend was.. unnerving.

"You don't have to tell me if you're uncomfortable with it" Shouto offered, trying to ease the greenette's nervousness.

"N-no! I… I'm quirkless"

Izuku peeked through one of his eyes, retreating into himself, expecting a scowl of disgust on the other's face. To his surprise, Shouto's brows shot up in surprise, which was actually funny to look at.

"Quirkless? As in.. you don't have a quirk?"

If it was a different person, Izuku would have sassed about them being an obvious Sherlock.

"Y-yeah"

"Cool" was all Shouto mumbled and Izuku knew for sure that he wasn't pretending.

"You're not disgusted?" Izuku asked warily "not appalled by a freak like me?"

Shouto didn't know if he ever felt anger towards someone other than Endeavour. Sure he wanted to impale Bakugou with ice spikes more often than sometimes but that was just annoyance… heights of annoyance. But now, he felt rage towards people he didn't even know- those who made Izuku feel like he was disgusting or that he was a freak.

"What are you talking about? I'm not disgusted and you most certainly aren't a freak"

"Oh.." Izuku mumbled, happiness evident in his voice "Thanks, Shouto-kun"

The dual quirk user observed Izuku tearing up slightly but the smile on his face was a genuine one. So, he decided not to ask, lest he make him uncomfortable.

"Aizawa-San will be arriving soon. You can go back to your dorm, Shouto-kun" Izuku chirped after a few moments of silence. He was back to being cheerful like a kid.

Shouto stayed.

Two minutes later, Shouta joined them. Izuku and Shouto had exchanged numbers with the former asking the dual quirk user to text him whenever he wanted to talk.