Diego Brando x Joestar Reader : Just One Night

"Dammit," The frustration and desperation caused you to literally cursed to yourself when you realized that you lost direction, all alone in the woods. You now regretted sharing a compass with your brother because he was the one who had it. There were no goddamn stars in the dark sky for you to navigate, even if there were, there were the leaves of the tall trees blocking your sight when you looked up. Your horse with a temper was making the situation worse for you because she wanted to rest but you had to force her to keep going. Just as your torch was dying and you were trying your best to keep a cool head while riding your horse slowly and blindly, the noise of small stones hitting each other reached your ear, coming from your front. Since the light of your torch was rather dim, you had to ride a little forward to see whether it was a person or not. Turns out, it was more of a familiar Stand user in turquoise shirt that startled you once you recognized him, and you startled your horse when subconsciously yanked the bridle all of a sudden. The next moment, your horse bucked you off and you flew forward. For the first time in your life, you were in a complete mental breakdown when you landed beside the young man who watched you while swallowing tiny stones. You froze in fear and saw nothing because the fire of the torch died the moment it fell on the ground, until the person who frightened you lit another torch. Surprisingly, he calmed your horse and made her stand still before she could run off abandoning you.

"No offense taken but it's rude to freak out like this, you know. It's not like I'm some ugly creep."

You stood up, keeping a distance from him, and pointed at him, "G-Get away from my horse, Diego."

"Really? That's how you thank someone who helped you?"

"Thank you, professional jockey. Now please, I'd appreciate it if I can have my horse back and you leave us alone."

"Have your horse back, and what? Wandering in the woods until forever? Come on now, Y/n, let me help you."

"You, help me? Yeah, that'll happen."

"We're close to a village, I can take you there and you can see if your brother and his boyfriend are there, too."

He was eating rocks just now, which means he's already eaten, I'm likely not going to be his food, then. Johnny is the one who has the Corpse part, I have nothing Diego wants. He's the kind of person who only does what benefits him, killing me isn't going to benefit him in any way. But how is helping me benefiting him, then?

Just as you were still trying to come up with a proper deduction, Diego purposely sighed just loud enough for you to hear and stood away, putting his free hand in the air, still holding the torch, "Looks like it's true that you can't convince someone of your kindness after doing too many crimes, isn't it?"

"You tried to kill me, how can I just give my trust to someone-"

"Correction, Ms Joestar, I only tried to kill your brother and the Neapolitan. Your brother and I may be foes, but that doesn't change the fact that I find you appealing."

"And what do you want from me? We both know you're not the kind of person who would do something for a girl and not expect any return."

"I promise you I won't hurt you, okay?"

After a few seconds of hesitation, you decided to give him a chance to be a good person, although it was more like you were too desperate to find somewhere safe to stay that you ignored the possible danger. Getting on your horse again, you took the rifle out of your backpack and loaded it, "Your promise means nothing to me, handsome, but let's see if you're really worth my trust. You're walking in the front, and if I see any suspicious behavior of yours, I'll shoot you."

"Fair enough."

Much to your surprise, the sly jockey who was only loyal to himself did escort you to a village as he promised. Unfortunately, you didn't see Johnny or Gyro around, not in the bar, not in any empty house, even the inn keeper denied that they were around. You sighed and told the inn keeper you wanted a room, only to curse to yourself another time when you couldn't find your purse. The only thing you could do was to cancel the room after searching for minutes and still couldn't find your valuable. When you turned around to leave, you saw the British jockey standing with Silver Bullet, with his arms crossed and his eyes on you. You never wanted to ask for his help again, but still approached him.