SCP: TRANSPORTED CHAPTER 2 Planning (Rewrite)

Chapter 2: Searching for a place to live (Rewrite)
Opening Author's Notes:

Hey guys! This is my rewrite of chapter 2, please enjoy!

"Talking" or 'Talking'

'Thinking'

I ONLY OWN MY CHARACTERS. THE OCS ONLY BELONG TO ME. THE OTHER SCPS BELONG TO THEIR RESPECTIVE AUTHORS

- - - - - = Time jump. For when the current character gets knocked unconscious.

. . . . = Character swap. For when the narrative swaps from its current character to another.

(Thank you to ItsArcane for some of these writing tips)

Zach sniffled as he wiped away his tears. He couldn't believe it, it was 2033! He even felt it, it was...it was as if his grasp on reality got worse.

Earlier when he was walking back to the alleyway, trying to keep himself calm, he tried something...well, more like he willed it.

He willed himself to have some type of shoes to walk in, and after no one was looking, it happened.

Now he was sitting in the alleyway confused, surprised, and sad all at the same time. The confusion for wondering how he ended up in the SCP universe, the surprise from figuring out he's a reality bender. And the sadness from wondering if he can ever see his family again.

Zach stopped crying now, at this moment he was thinking, his mind filled with endless questions but thinking nonetheless.

He calmed himself, he tried to think back to how any of this could've happened, all he could remember was after he finished reading an article on the SCP wiki, he turned off his computer and went to bed, and when he woke up, he woke up to a bustling city, not the comfortable confines of his bedroom.

He woke up in d*mn 2033, New York.

2033 New York in the SCP universe.

A universe that has monsters and creatures, with various abilities that can kill before you can blink. A universe that if you're abnormal, you'll have different secret organizations trying to contain, kill, or use you for the "greater good".

And now...Zach was in that very universe where he could be in so...so much danger.

He didn't know how long he had until the Foundation, or any other organization found him. But he knew that the term "greater good" was a lie. He knows of all the crimes the Foundation has committed for the greater good of humanity, they aren't the only species out there that needs protecting.

It was getting later in the day now, about dusk from what Zach could see, he would take a short nap then try to figure everything out, the first thing to do after he woke up was to find somewhere empty or abandoned, somewhere no one would go. That is the place where he will be living from then on.

Because from all the articles he's read, emotions here could get you killed, so...even as much as he wants to cry about the thought of not seeing his family again, and the fear of the universe he's awoken in. He doesn't have time for those things. He has to bottle his emotions and has to have his sights set on something else.

Survival

...

Why?

Why was she drawn to New York of all places? It's not like she wanted to come here, it's just that she sensed a high concentration of reality alteration here, or...someone that could alter reality.

She didn't know which one it was, which confused her because she'd always been able to use her abilities to detect things, especially things corresponding with reality.