𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑

✍︎✍︎✍︎

Cold.

That was the current atmosphere of their beloved school of Misana high.

Cold glares. Chills rushing down spines. A freezing temperature. And to top the bundle of coldness into one, the trust of some frozen.

As the blonde slowly sauntered down the hallway, she became witness to the cruel nature of humans, the humans she called her classmates.

Whispering, Debating and even jokes of the situation polluted the air by the people who dare to mark themselves as superior to the weak.

And then there were the others, the ones classified as 'weak'.

Break downs, Sobbing fits, worried glances that were unsure if the people they've sided with for how all they remember had did such act as murdering a pupil.

Yes, Daniella may have been a delinquent, but it doesn't mean someone should've snatched her life away. Nobody deserves that. Right?

She always seemed to attempt to claw on to whatever she could for the sake of her own skin, so just imagining how desperate she was for survival during the scuffle that resulted in her throat being slit made their stomach's churn.

But besides that, when it lied between the line of who was the strong and who was the weak, Alex couldn't decide which minority she was apart of. It was simple, the prey or the hunters, the weak or the strong, the one's who steal and the one's who get stolen from.

Yet, here she was, not even sure if she was able to identify herself as a human if these were the sides she had to pick from.

She slowly ventured her way to her almost vacant classroom, with only one person present to collect their bag. And that person was no one other than an old friend of hers, Charli Senya.

"H-Hey there, Alex." The bronze blonde greeted, stammering, but surprisingly not seeming visibly shaken up to the situation.

"Hey, Charli." A bland response came. Multiple reasons being. Firstly because of the news of a murderer masking as an innocent student. Secondly because of the rocky path their relationship had, especially when she became friends with Jaxx, who was the girl's former bully.

Well, at least Alex thought he stopped.

An uncomfortable silence distributed through the air. Alex being silent not knowing how to communicate with her basically former friend, and Charli being the one searching for a way not to put what she wanted to say too bluntly.

But, no matter how desperately she searched she still couldn't find a way to let out what she wanted to properly. So, she said it as it is.

"Do you feel bad about Daniella's death?"

"What?"

"Daniella's death. Do you feel bad?" She rephrased.

The question was so blunt to the point the latter thought this was some punch line to a joke. But by the look on Charli's face, she knew it was a genuine question and an answer needed to be provided.

"Of course! Who the hell wouldn't?" The blonde frustratedly exclaimed.

"Me; I don't."

The blonde stayed rooted to the tiled classroom floor below her, dread on if the students at her school could even be classified as human if this is how most viewed the situation weighing her down.

Especially, since one of them was a girl who she could've only seen as light hearted and fragile. Nothing more nothing less. But now, everything she saw before in her seemed like a blur, or perhaps the image she created to see her in.