Chapter 2: Reunion and Realization

Gaster's Pov:

I couldn't find any more growth accelerant or the ingredients for it. The amount resources in the underground are less than ideal, but I'll manage. Within 2 weeks the two have grown from babies to toddlers, though without more accelerant that's as fair as I can push them in the tanks. I decided to remove them from the tanks when I saw they were both awake. I put them both in a separate room for now, so they can relearn to walk without falling over each other. After I felt they could walk fully on their own, I brought them to one of the large sleeping areas.

They seemed to be wary of me, most like they were unaware of my rebirth unlike I was of theirs. It would make sense, they have no memories to teach them how magic works, and this is no longer a game, so they can't check my stats. They most likely assume me to be the original Gaster, not an unfair assumption on their part. They probably don't even realize they're both reincarnates. I should explain the situation quickly then, but how?

Sans's Pov:

We were let out of the capsules or whatever early, probably cause Gaster got into an accident and couldn't grow us to are normal sizes. Though, it was weird he didn't lock us up in cells. Instead he put us in small rooms with cots, I was confused at this until I tried to walk. I couldn't walk properly, my legs were shaky and I couldn't hold myself up at all. This was probably due to us being suspended in that weird liquid, are "muscles" weren't used to holding us up. I assumed Papyrus was going through the same thing, it only made sense he would too.

It took a while to walk, and even more time to walk properly. Going to the door to check I found it was locked. Of course it was. It may not be a cell, but Gaster wouldn't just throw us in here if we could escape. As long as I'm stuck here I may as well get used to my new body. I started by doing simple exercises, leg lifts and stuff like that. It was harder than I thought it would be, but soon I was walking pretty much normally. Not to long after Gaster came and got me, I hope this isn't some experiment.

Papyrus's Pov:

When I woke up again I noticed Sans was also awake. But before I could get their attention Gaster walked in. Seeing we were both awake he smiled, wait Gaster smiled? Yes! Maybe this isn't a bad Gaster, I don't remember the other one ever smiling in the story. As I was lost in thought he drained the tanks me and Sans were in. After opening them he picked us up with blue Magic, not going to lie that scared me for a second. But instead of cells he put us in some sort of bed room with a cot, though not in the same room. Why though? I though he'd be more cautious, oof! Oh, I can't walk... well no time like the present to practice.

I tried to get used to my new body as fast as possible. I really want to know what's going on, and I know Gaster can tell me. Though I did my best not to rush so I didn't get hurt, I know I was still rushing a bit. I just really want to know what's going on okay? I think I remember dying and now I'm in an Undertale Universe. Oh wait! Is this an AU or an original?! Will Error show up, will he try to destroy it? I shouldn't think like that at the moment, I'll wait till he shows up first. Then I'll befriend him, like the real Papyrus would. Nyeh heh heh! hehehe, I've always wanted to do that. It took about a day to learn to walk properly, a bit after that Gaster came and got me and Sans. It looked like he had something to tell us, yes I get my answers!

3rd person Pov: 

The three of them stood there in the room, no one saying anything. Though Gaster looked like he was trying to come up with how to word something. Throwing cautious to the wind Gaster walked over and hugged them both. This shocked the two, not knowing what was happening just yet.