Chapter 7

The thing was that Louis simply hadn't found a way to get along with his traitorous body yet.

He had been alone in his and Harry's shared double bed room for a while now. Sitting curled up under his blankets and with the TV playing some boring cooking show in the background he was busying himself scrolling through his phone and texting his sister, Lottie.

Harry hadn't been in since they came back from having dinner in town, and it was a blessing, really. Even just Harry's stuff lying around the room, half unpacked, made everything smell of musky, strong Alpha and it was entirely too appealing to Louis. He had to fight to keep his crazy thought under control, couldn't risk getting actually, full-on aroused by any of this! His head was spinning. Only imagining Harry himself in here as well, to top the stupid smell off, would probably make Louis crawl out of his skin. Should Harry ever return Louis would possibly have to retreat to the balcony and spent the night out there, sucking in the fresh, untainted air as if his life depended on it — because his life depended on it.

This was pure, torturous hell!

The cook's voice on the telly was loud, grating and so distinctively Alpha that Louis contemplated muting the show, his ears ringing with the deep timbre. But he didn't think he would be able to handle the silence any better, too afraid to get properly lost in his head.

He blinked sluggishly, stared at the clock on his nightstand and figured that going to sleep at half past eight was slightly embarrassing. He was a grown man, not a child, god damn it! Harry wouldn't ever stop teasing him about this should he return to find Louis asleep before ten o'clock. On the other hand-side, being securely in the land of dreams already by the time Harry arrived back would certainly have its perks. For one, he probably wouldn't notice the other boy enter or his scent increasing in intensity, could also avoid any kind of argument and just sleep in peace, safe and sound until the next morning. Another plus: he'd be fresh and ready for the game if he managed to catch a few more hours of sleep than he originally planned for.

He bit his bottom lip in thought when his mobile vibrated in his hand. Surprisingly, it wasn't Lottie texting him back about the troubles with her study group she was currently experiencing, but a new message from Niall.

apparently some of the lads are having a get-together in matts room. come on over to mine n we'll go 2gether!

Louis scanned the words once, twice and then again, mouth opening in disbelieve. Didn't the coach explicitly tell them to refrain from partying, drinking and doing anything to jeopardise the upcoming game? What Niall just wrote sounded a lot like violating all those rules at once.

i dont think thats what collins would want for us to do, niall! i really don't want any trouble.

Niall's reply came instantly, of course.

bohoo, lou! live a little. i'm waiting for u, so hurry tf up!!!!

Louis wanted to do anything but "hurry tf up". He didn't want to go, simple as that. Two minutes ago he was considering turning in for the night and now here he was, on edge and torn, Harry's freaking scent clouding his judgement. His phone vibrated again, incessantly, and a glance at the screen revealed that Niall sent him two more rows of exclamation marks. Damn it all!

It was with a pitiful grown that Louis stripped his cosy blankets off his body and walked to his duffle bag, searching for a fresh shirt to throw on. He switched from his comfy joggers back into the black skinny jeans he was wearing in the afternoon and ruffled up his hair so it wouldn't be too obvious he'd been lying in bed already. Every step towards the door seemed to physically hurt him. His unmade bed looked really fucking inviting.