14 | the stone

Time passed and Cora was having fun with her friends while also studying for final exams. She decided to forget about the stone because she decided it was none of her business.

Besides, Dumbledore was supposed to be the best wizard of their time, and if he decided to have the stone in a school full of children, then it should be safe to assume that the stone was safe and well protected.

Even when her scar burned form time to time, she noticed that if she could concentrate enough, she could ease the burn she felt on her scar.

~

After their last exam of the end of the year exams, Cora and her friends were walking out of one of the many classrooms, walking side by side, joking around.

"Did you see Finnegan's potion explode?", laughed Blaise.

"And Professor Snape's face", giggled Daphne, the rest joining.

Cora suddenly felt her scar burning again and stopped laughing. Draco noticed and asked her quietly, "Are you okay?"

She closed her eyes and concentrated on keeping the pain away. When she felt it fade, she opened her eyes again and smiled at Draco. "Yeah, let's go."

As they continued their way, Cora saw Harry, Hermione and Ron stomping towards Hagrid's hut and thought it was odd, but decided again to not get involved because it probably was related to the stone. She just hoped Harry would stay out of trouble. Her scar kept burning, though.

~

Harry was feeling his scar burn again. "Alright there, Harry?", asked Ron.

"My scar. It keeps burning", replied Harry.

"It's happened before", suggested Hermione.

"Not like this."

"Maybe you should see the nurse?", suggested Ron.

"I think it's a warning... it means danger's coming", said Harry. He then widened his eyes when he saw Hagrid. "Of course."

"What is it?", asked Hermione.

Harry started to stomp towards Hagrid, Ron and Hermione following. "Don't you think it's a bit odd that what Hagrid wants more than anything is a dragon and a stranger turns up who just happens to have one? I mean, how many people wonder around with dragon eggs in their pocket? Why didn't I see it before?"

"Hagrid, who gave you the dragon egg?", asked Harry as soon as they reached him. "What did he look like?"

"I don't know. I never saw 'is face, he kept his hood up", answered Hagrid.

"This stranger, though, you and he must have talked?", Harry insisted.

"Well, he wanted to know what sort of creatures I looked after. I told him, I said, after Fluffy a dragon's gonna be no problem."

"Did he seem interested in Fluffy?", asked Harry.

"Well of course he was interested in Fluffy!", Hagrid said. "How often do you come across a three headed dog? Even if you're in the trade! But I told him, I said, the trick with any beast is to know how to calm 'im. Take Fluffy, for example, just play him a bit of music and he falls straight asleep!"

The trio looked at each other in realization. "I shouldn't 'ave told you that", frowned Hagrid. They then ran back to the castle straight to Professor McGonagall to warn her.

"We have to see Professor Dumbledore! Immediately!", exclaimed Harry as soon as they were in front of her in her classroom.

"I'm afraid Professor Dumbledore is not here. He received an urgent owl from the Ministry of Magic and left immediately for London", replied Professor McGonagall calmly.