10 | quidditch

Cora and her friends walked together to the Slytherin stands all dressed in green and silver colors. Draco was the most excited out of all of them and couldn't stop talking about how Slytherin was about to crush Gryffindor. Cora was also excited, especially because seeing Draco so happy made her happy, but she was also a little worried about her brother. She just hoped he didn't get hurt.

Cheers got louder when the Gryffindor and Slytherin players flew out and around the field. Cora knew very well how the game worked thanks to Draco's very thorough explanations.

"Hello and welcome to Hogwarts' first quidditch game of the season! Today's game: Slytherin versus Gryffindor!", exclaimed the announcer, Lee Jordan, through the microphone.

Loud cheers came from the crowd and players got into position at the center of the field, each team on opposite sides.

"The players take their positions as Madam Hooch walks out into the field to begin the game", announced Lee.

"Now, I want a nice, clean game. From all of you", said Madam Hooch to the players. She kicked the box holding the balls open and two of them flew straight up, followed by a little golden ball with wings.

"The bludgers are up, followed by the golden snitch. Remember the snitch is worth 150 points. The seeker who catches the snitch ends the game", said Lee.

Madam Hooch then grabbed the larger ball, the quaffle, and threw it in the air, in the middle of all the players. "The quaffle is released and the game begins!"

Players started flying around, some crashing against each other. Gryffindor caught the quaffle first and one of the players flew all the way to the hoops. After a few passes, they scored, giving Gryffindor 10 points.

Slytherin then tried to score, but Oliver Wood, the Gryffindor captain and keeper, stopped the shot. After that, Gryffindor scored again. The crowd cheered loudly, except for Slytherin.

Marcus Flint, the Slytherin captain, tried to score but Wood stopped the shot again. Draco was bummed out but Cora side hugged him and gave him a reassuring smile. His mood got a little better after that.

Flint was extremely mad, so he took the bat from one of the beaters and sent a bludger towards Wood, hitting him and knocking him out. After that, Slytherin finally scored. Flint and another player Cora didn't know took out another Gryffindor player, a chaser, by making her crash.

The Gryffindor crowd booed while Slytherins cheered loudly. Slytherin scored again, making the score 20-20.

Cora noticed that the whole time Harry had just been hovering in a spot, watching the game instead of looking for the snitch.

"Shouldn't my brother be looking for the snitch?", Cora asked her friends.

"Yes, but let's hope he doesn't so we win the game", answered Draco. Cora chuckled along with her friends.

A few moments later, the snitch flew in front of Harry and he rushed to chase it. Suddenly, his broom started to move from one side to another, up and down, and even did some spins. Harry was holding on for dear life, but he eventually lost his grip and was only holding on with one hand.

"Whas goin' on with Harry's broom?", yelled Hagrid.

Cora heard Hagrid and searched for Harry around the field. When she saw him, she knew it wasn't normal. He knew how to fly, and he was pretty good at it.

She started to search the crowd with a pair of binoculars for someone jinxing her brother's broom. She finally saw both Quirrell and Snape looking directly at Harry and muttering words. One of them was definitely jinxing the broom, she just didn't know which one. I knew there was something odd about those two.