19 | books and confrontations

The day to go to Diagon Alley soon arrived. Cora and Draco were excited to buy their new things for school and Draco couldn't stop talking about how excited he was to try out for the quidditch team this year.

"We will make a stop first, children. Some business I must attend I'm afraid", said Lucius as they stood together to leave.

They both nodded and Lucius gave Draco a box to carry. They apparated away and as they landed, Cora felt nauseous again. Draco laughed so Cora playfully glared at him.

"It's not funny", she said.

"It is", he laughed.

"Come, children", said Lucius. They followed him and Cora looked around, noticing that they weren't in Diagon Alley.

"Where are we?", Cora asked.

Without turning around, Lucius answered as he kept walking. "This is Knockturn Alley, just beside Diagon Alley."

Soon, they arrived at a shop called Brogin and Burks. Draco and Cora looked at the dark artifacts displayed on the windows of the shop, looking at them with curiosity.

Draco entered the shop first, followed by Cora and then Lucius. Unknown to them, Harry was hiding inside some sort of casket, watching them and being surprised to see his sister. He wanted to hug her, but he decided not to show himself because of the Malfoys.

Draco was about to touch some weird statue of a hand when his father suddenly put his cane on his shoulder. "Don't touch anything, Draco."

"Yes, father", answered Draco. Cora chuckled, to which Draco playfully rolled his eyes and nudged her side.

Meanwhile, Lucius walked slowly through the shop, soon followed by Draco and Cora.

"Oh, Master Malfoy! Pleasure to see you again", said an old creepy looking man. "And young Master Malfoy, too. Delighting. And you brought a lady, who might this be?"

Cora frowned a bit, looking over the man. She didn't like the way he talked to them. It gave her the creeps. Lucius turned to look at both children, then back at the man and answered, "This young lady is Coralina Potter, no that it's any of your concern."

The man nodded and said, "I must tell you, just in today and very reasonably priced—"

"I'm not buying today, Borgin", interrupted Lucius. "I'm selling."

"Selling?", asked Borgin.

"Draco", called Lucius. Draco then put the box he was carrying with him on the counter and turned back to Cora as they both continued to look at all the artifacts around the shop.

"You are aware, no doubt, that the Ministry of Magic is conducting more raids on private houses. There's even news about a new Muggle Protection Act", said Lucius.

"Pure wizard blood is counting less and less everywhere I'm afraid", said Borgin.

"Not with me", Lucius warningly said. "Anyway, I brought a few items from home that might prove uh..." he slightly turned to the children to check if they were listening and if there was anyone around. "... embarrassing for the Ministry to find. It's just poisons and the like."

Borgin inspected the contents of the box and then widened his eyes. "Look at that", he said with wonder.

"That particular item.. is not for sale", said Lucius.

"I understand. It has unique qualities. One wouldn't want to see it falling into the wrong hands", said Borgin knowingly.

As the adults kept going through the contents of the box, Draco and Cora kept looking at all the objects and joking about some of them. Soon they stood in front of the sort of casket that Harry was hiding in, looking at it.