22 | blood & a voice

Cora was walking with Draco and the Slytherin quidditch team to their first official practice. Cora didn't really have a great interest in quidditch, but Draco was excited and asked her to go, so she agreed. Besides, Marcus Flint was fun. He had a good sense of humor that amused Cora.

As they were walking through the halls, before walking out into the courtyard, they ran into the Gryffindor team as they were also walking through the courtyard.

"Incoming drama", joked Cora.

"I love getting Wood all riled up. He's so serious all the time. It's fun, just watch", said Flint.

"Where do you think you're going, Flint?", asked Oliver Wood, the Gryffindor captain, as both teams reached each other.

"Quidditch practice", said Flint in a duh tone.

"I booked the pitch for Gryffindor today", said Wood already looking frustrated.

"Easy, Wood. I've got a note", answered Flint and handed him the note.

Ron and Hermione, who were sitting on a bench nearby, noticed the encounter and walked towards them.

"I, Professor Severus Snape, do here give the Slytherin Quidditch team permission to practice today due need to train their new seeker", read Wood. "You've got a new seeker? Who?"

Marcus nodded and moved aside to reveal Draco and Cora behind him. They stepped forward with a wide smirk on both their faces.

"Malfoy?", asked Harry in disbelief.

"That's right. And that's not all that's new this year", said Draco, then showed off his new broom, and the team followed.

"Those are Nimbus 2001's!", said Ron. "How did you get those?"

"A gift from Draco's father", answered Flint with a smug look. Hermione and Ron had angry looks on their faces that Cora thought were quite amusing.

"You see, Weasley, unlike some, my father can afford the best", said Draco with a smirk.

Dray should stop taking digs at someone because of money - for other things yes, like the Weasel's stupidity, but not money, thought Cora, but then Hermione's words had her full attention.

"At least no one in the Gryffindor team had to buy their way in. They got in on pure talent", said Hermione smugly.

Cora scowled at her. "I thought you were smarter, Hermione. You should think before you speak", she said with cold and threatening voice that made Hermione and even the others scared.

Draco then slowly stepped in front of her, "No one asked your opinion. You filthy little mudblood."

Everyone in the Gryffindor team gasped and Cora widened her eyes. She had read about the subject, and she knew what it meant, but she had never heard Draco use that word before.

"You'll sure pay for that one, Malfoy", said Ron, pulling out his broken wand. Cora didn't see a reason to interfere because she knew his wand wouldn't work. "Eat slugs!"

The spell backfired and and Ron was shot backwards, falling on his back. The Gryffindors rushed to help him while the Slytherin team laughed.

"You okay, Ron?", asked Hermione. Cora could see how Ron's face twisted in disgust and smirked.

"This shall be good", said Cora to Draco and the team.

"Say something!", insisted Hermione.

Then, Ron turned around and spit out a slug. Everyone that saw was disgusted and the small Gryffindor boy, Colin, took a picture of the scene. "Can you turn him around, Harry?", said Colin with excitement.