26 | nothing to tell

Sitting alone in the Study Hall, Cora could notice that everyone was giving Harry and her strange looks. She didn't mind people thinking she was the heir of Slytherin, as long as she and her friends knew the truth. Nevertheless, she finally had enough so she closed her book and stood up.

Harry noticed and decided to leave as well, bidding Hermione and Ron a goodbye. He was even more uncomfortable with the situation.

As the twins walked by, everyone kept looking at them, following with their eyes. Cora rolled her eyes and threw everyone a glare. "Take a picture, it'll last longer."

They all immediately turned back to what they were doing so Cora kept walking out with Harry by her side.

Once out of the room, Harry stopped to listen to some Hufflepuffs talking. "What are you doing, Harry?", Cora asked in a hush.

"Shhh, I want to know what they say", he answered.

"Why do you even care?", whispered Cora.

"Just listen."

"So, anyway, I told Justin to hide up in our dormitory. I mean to say, if the Potter twins have marked him down as their new victim it's best to keep a low profile for a while", said a boy.

"But why would they want to attack Justin?", asked a girl.

"Well, Justin let it slip to male Potter that he's a muggleborn!", he answered.

"And you definitely think the Potters are the heirs of Slytherin?", the girl asked.

"Hannah, they are Parselmouths. Everyone knows that's the mark of a dark wizard. Have you ever heard of a decent one who could talk to snakes? They called Slytherin himself Serpent Tongue."

"Harry always seemed so nice though. Cora maybe not so much but... after all, they are the ones who made You Know Who disappear", said Hannah.

"That's probably why You Know Who wanted to kill them in the first place! He did not want another dark wizard or witch competing with him."

Cora couldn't believe it. How could the most powerful dark wizard of the time think a couple of babies would be able to defeat him or be better than him? Some people seriously lack intelligence.

Harry was frustrated but as soon as he saw Cora's angry face he dragged her away and tried to calm her. "It's all lies, Cora. You and I both know we are not going around petrifying people. Don't get so angry please."

"I wouldn't have to manage my anger if people could learn to manage their stupidity", replied Cora still grumpy.

"I would defend those Hufflepuffs, but right now I completely agree with you."

They kept walking grumpily without any direction in particular, until they ran into Hagrid holding a dead thing.

"Hello, Harry, Cora. You alrigh'?", said Hagrid when he noticed the twins were in a sour mood.

"Hagrid!", said Harry startled. "What are you doing here?"

"What's that?", asked Cora.

"Rooster. Second one killed this term", answered Hagrid. "Now I reckon it's either a fox or a blood-sucking bugbear, so I just been up at Dumbledore's getting permission to put a charm 'round the hen coup."

He smiled until he noticed the twins' still sour expressions. "You sure you're both alrigh'? You look all hot and bothered."

"It's nothing", answered Harry.

"We just got a lot of studying to do and Harry doesn't get some Potions stuff. We better get going", said Cora. Harry went along with her lie and both walked past Hagrid.