Chapter 1

"Monster," Crowley called after the girl, "Don't you dare drop that, or you'll have hell to pay!" He had after all just handed Eve one of his plants. Hell had finally kicked him out of the flat, after all it came with the job, just took 'em that long for them to get a replacement. Now he was moving in with his Angel and daughter.

Eve the ever helpful, demanded she help move that plants, and not just her small flowing vines over taking its pot. Crowley didn't quite remember what plant he had bought her, but it defiently whatever it had become in her care.

Crowley picked up the final box of plants and followed the girl inside, up the spiral stair case and through the door surrounded by more book cases into the small flat the three call home. He lowered the box of plant into the dinning table, wondering where the little monster had ran off to with the other ones. He swore he had put them all on the table.

Crowley stepped back out into the book shop, leaning over the railing to look for the angel. "Do you know where the little monster ran off to?" he asked.

"Last I saw her she was running up stairs with a pothos," Aziraphale answered, reseleving books he had finished rereading. "Is she not up there?"

Crowley grumbled and turned back around to find where Eve had ran off to. One scan of the loft revealed that the window in the back corner of the living room was wide open. That was the window which led to the fire escape, leading down to the side walk below and up to the roof. He didn't even want to think about what she could do up there, as it was nothing good. The demon climbed out the window with a groan. He hoped she was actually up there ans he wasn't just being a fool going up to the roof. Expecially by fire escape, and not by the roof access door.

Indeed his suspicion was right, and Eve was in the roof. With his missing plants. She had somehow also broight up some shelving for the plants, so they weren't just sitting in the roof.  "You're not meant to be up here yet!" Eve whined, "You were supposed to check my room first. I made all those diversions for nothing."

"Care to explain what your doing up here?" he asked her, hands in his hips.

"Well," Eve sang out, "There's not a lot of windows downstairs, let along any big windows like there was a t the flat. So for all of them to get proper sunlight you'd need to sperate them, and they'd be lonely. But the roof gets plenty of sun! And it's still only spring, so there plenty of time to build a green house before winter comes."

Crowely looked down at his daughter. Eve stood there with a wide excited smile, hoping that if she was excited enough it could spread. "And Papa wouldn't be around when you verbal abuse them. I doubt he'd be too happy about that."

"I'm more so curious about you believe the plants would get lonely," he pointed out, "Most pots are home to more than one plant."

Eve turned around to look at most of them. "Well yeah, but wouldn't you get lonely only ever having one other person to talk to and hang out with?" She glanced back at her dad, eyes glint with hope for any recognition.

"Let's talk to Aziraphale," Crowley told her, "This is his building." He started strutting toward the roof access door.

"I already asked," Eve declared, stopping him in his tracks. "He said it was alright as long as it isn't too big, and I stay away from the edge."

Crowley raised his eyebrow, "Is he aware you take the fire escape up...."

Eve grew embarrassed. ".... I couldn't find the stairs," she confessed.

Crowley shook his head in amusement. She had the forethought to ask Aziraphale, yet not ask him where the roof access stairs were.

"Come on," he sighed, "I want to make sure you aren't making things up." He pulled open the roof door and held it open as the little girl ran in. Eve jumped down the stairs two at a time, impatiently waiting for her dad to catch up.

The two reached the bottom of the stairs, where Eve held open the door to something blocking the way out. Both of them knew what it was with it being a uniform flat piece of wood.

Eve looked dup to her dad, "Can I bang on it?" she asked for permission. If they made enough noise Aziraphale could hear them in the other side.

"Go for it," Crowley gave his approval. Eve placed her hands flat against the bookshelf and started slapping a rhythm on it. A sound only something with true conscieness could make.

"Who's there?" Aziraphale asked from the other side. It was the eine where he tried to sound brave, but was quite obviously frightened.

"Hi Papa!" Eve shouted through the shelf.

"I feel like this is a fire hazard," Crowley commented. It didn't take long for the book case to be slid out to free the two stuck in the other side.

"You really blocked the door to the roof with a bookshelf?" Crowley asked, slipping out from behind the bookshelf.

"And forgot that you did," Eve added.

"I've had this shop for a long time," Aziraphale reminded them, "Besides, I've never needed to get on the roof."

"Well someone found another way," the dome on pointed out, looking to the girl, playing with a headed bracelet.

"Eve," the angel called for her attention, "How have you been getting onto the roof?"

She puffed her cheeks and looked off to the side. If there was ever a look of guilt that was it.

Crowley wasn't gonna sit around ad the angel tried to dig the answer out of the stubborn girl. "She combed up the fire escape," he tattled on her. She looked to him in disbelief.

"Godeleve!" Aziraphale scolded her, "How many time do we need to tell you, high places are not safe."

Eve was pouting. "Isn't a fire escape a safety feature?" she pointed out.

"Now isn't time for any of your smart aleck comments or excuses," Crowley scolded her. "You should be apologizing and promising not to do it again so your punishment isn't too bad."

Eve let out a depressed sigh, "I just wanted to do something nice in my own," she explained. "I was careful..."

Aziraphale crouched down to be on level with his daughter. He noticed tears we're starting to gather in her eyes. "Sweetums," he cooed, "We just want you to be safe. We don't want you to get hurt."

The demon came over and joined the angel. "Remeber when your leg and arm were broken?" he asked the girl. She gave a small nod. "It sucked, didn't it? We just want to make sure you don't need to deal with something like that again."

"Okay..." Eve agreed softly.

"I'm glad you do," her dad commented, rubbing his thumb along her cheek. "I Now for punishment I believe no television for a week will be fitting."

"What!" the girl freaked out at the revelation. "That's not fair!"