Chapter 8

Dodie sorta just froze a cookie hanging from her mouth. "Nothing really," she shrugged, sitting down on the couch.

"Come on there must be something you want to do," Aziraphale pleaded, "Last year you had a few friends over for the day, even something like that is fine."

Dodie bit down on her own homemade treat as to not talk.

Crowley cameand sat down next to her. "Come on, it's your birthday, don't ya wanna do something?"

"Like I said, secondary school is harder than I expected," she reminded them. She had told them that when letting them know she didn't want to join a play this summer break. "I just want to take this break easy. Stay at home, read books, water pants, Ya know the usual. I feel like I've just been running around these last couple years."

"How about a day trip?" Aziraphale asked, "We could go to the coast, or up to the Scottish hills. Oo, or even a few days to Paris, we could go to the Louver."

Dodie did indeed love art, from all things classical to modern, fine art to graffiti. She has expressed an interest in going to the famous french museum. "It would be just as easy to go to the British Museum, which would be just as busy and pieces would be just as stolen."

"Why are you being such a sour puss?" Crowley teased, pulling the girl into his side.

Dodie forced herself out of his arms, and up to her feet. "I just want a break, alright?" she stressed.

Aziraphale placed a comforting hand on her shoulder. "We just wanted you to enjoy your birthday, but if you really don't want to do anything we won't make you."

"Thank you," she expressed her gratitude with sass. "I'm gonna go across the street to draw." Dodie wanted her space, but knew to let them know where she was going.

"Isn't she too you g to be acting like that?" the demon questioned.

Aziraphale came and sat down next to him. "Dodie has always been mature for her age," he pointed out, "Though I'm still a bit worried about her."

"She'll come to us when she's ready," Crowley tried to assure both himself and his angel.

"Hello?" someone called from down stairs both recognized the voice. Aziraphale was the one who got up to greet him.

"Hello there Adam," he greeted the young adult once he could see him standing on the bottom floor. Adam had moved into London for University, which has lead to him visiting from time to time.

"Hello," he repeated, "Is Dodie around?" The two are quite close, almost like brother and sister to a degree. Of course when they were younger it was just good friends, but now that they saw eachother more often they became closer.

Aziraphale got an idea, rushing down the stairs to be with the boy. "She's across the street at the cafe," he answered, "But first I've got to ask. Do you know if there's anything going on with Dodie."

Adam.pinched his lips together. Clearly he knew something. He glanced out the window to see if her could spot the young teen. "She'll talk to you when she's ready," he told him. "It's not something I should talk about."

"So there is something going on," Aziraphale celebrated. Though he wasn't sure what for. It wasn't exactly something to celebrate.

Adam was already gone, not wanting to be forced to answer anymore questions. Aziraphale returned upstairs to tell Crowley about what he discovered.

A couple weeks passed of them waiting for Dodie to tell them what was going on. They asked in subtle ways to see if they could pick up on what was going on.