Chapter 2

Aziraphale knew something was off the moment both of them walked in. "What is it?" he asked both the demon and the girl trying to slip away from this conversation.

Crowley grabbed onto Eve's backpack the moment before she was about to dart off. Much like the leash of a dog. "Eve here hid the fact there are parent-teacher conferences coming up from us," Crowley explained, holding out the piece of paper he had received from a nun not to long ago. "One of her teacher needed to escorts her out to make sure I got this."

Aziraphale grabbed the sheet to read the information it held. "You don't need to go," Eve quietly commented, now released from the demon's hold on her.

Aziraphale raised an eyebrow at his daughter's words. "It says right here that it is manditory," he pointed out.

The girl shrugged, "Well what were they gonna do if you didn't adopt me. I wouldn't even have parents then."

"Eve,"the angel sighed," You shouldn't hide anything from us, we are your parents, we want to make sure your doing alright not onky at school, but all aspects of life."

Eve softly nodded, tough still had a outing face. "Now, go do your homework, we need to talk," Crowley shoed her off. They watched hear go to the stairs and listened to her over dramatic clomps up them, waiting for the flat door to close, knowing she was indeed doing as told.

Aziraphale turned to Crowley shortly after the door closed. "What is it you want to talk about?" he asked, settling back into his chair.

"You'll need to go without me," the demon sighed, talking about the parent-teacher conference. "Her school is connected to a cathedral, which means I'm a no go."

"Oh dear," Aziraphale softly commented. He looked down at the paper once again to find out exactly when the event was to take place. It was only a week away.

---------

Eve had been erily quiet all evening. Even know as she walked hand in hand with her Papa to her classroom. The girl who would commonly pull people foward with a quick pace seemed to need to be tugged along this time.

They arrived at the room to find a young nun waiting for them. "Hello there," Aziraphale greeted the teacher, "I am Mr. Fell. One of Eve's parents."

"Its a pleasure Mr. Fell, I'm Sister Patel," she introduced herself. "Will your wife be joining us?"

Aziraphale wasn't one to miss a mistake like that, though he wasn't one to shame someone for such a mistake either. "Saddly my partner," he stressed, "Will not be able to join us this evening."

"That is sad to hear," the nun commented, "Please come in and take a seat. There is much u would like to discuss."

"As would I," Aziraphale agreed with excitement, "I am quite curious about Eve's school experience." Eve let go of his hand as they walked into the classroom, however didn't stay less than a couple steps behind him.

He slipped into a chair across from Sister Patel at the table she hard prepaired for the meetings. He slid the one next to him out for Eve to join them, though she as hesitant to approach. "Now you're the teacher, I'll let you start and save my questions for after," he assured Sister Patel, letting her go first.

The nun let out a soft sigh. "I am well aware of how Eve's hone life has been this past year. She has lost so much and gone through so much change, but I'm worried about what will happen next year if this behavior continues. Not all her teacher will be as understand as me."

They both noticed how Eve slid down in her chair, more off it than on at this point. The angel was confused. "What do you mean?" he question, "I know Eve is a bit stubborn and quite energetic, but it can't be that bothersome."