Chapter 7

Crowley walked into the book shop alone. He had gone to pick up Dodie from school to taker her to rehearsal for the new play she was in.

"It's going to be another long one," Crowley explained, sitting down in a chair. "Director said the kids are having a hard time with the blocking."

"Oh," the angel sighed, "It feels like it's been quite a while since she been home for dinner."

"It has been," the demon commented, "But she's doing something she enjoys, can't be too upset about it."

Aziraphale gave up on dusting. "I know, it just seems so quiet without her."

"I know what you mean," Crowley agreed. He glanced out the windows at the front of the store seeing couples walking past. "Angel, let's go out," he decided standing up, "It's been ages since we've been to the Ritz. I think it's do time we go."

Aziraphel's expression burst into one of excitement. He fidgeted with the same emotion.

--------

Dodie ran out of her room with loud foot steps. Her back pack was held in her arms and her jacket wzd only half on. The bus to school was due in three minuets so she was running late. She didn't even stop to grab smoothing to eat. "Have a good day!" she yelled to her papa as she almost jumped the entire flight of stairs.

"Late again?" Crowley grumbled from the door way. Clearly she had just been woken up by Dodie's loud rush out to school. "Wait, isn't it Saturday?"

"She sleeps like the dead," Aziraphale commented, "much like someone else I know." He turned to give a knowing smirk tk the demon.

Crowley pushed her bangs out of her face. "You've become quite a fan of sleep as well Angel," she pointed out, "Should watch what you say."

Aziraphale smiled, stepping away from the kitchen counter and close to the door of their bedroom. "I have," he agreed, "Expecially when there is someone dear to me right by my side."

The angel reached up to cup the cheek of the demon. "There is no reason for us to be awake yet," he pointed out, "Shall we go back to bed?"

Crowley smiled, leaning into the angel's touch. "What about Dodie?" She did just run out to catch a bus that was not coming.

"Shell be back any minuet once she realizes her mistake," Aziraphale assured him, "And knowing her she'll head right back to bed herself."

-------

The soft sound of classical music hummed in the book shop. It was a slow quiet day. No one was even sure if the sign was flipped to open, but that mattered not.

Eve was curled up in her usual chair, headphone on, busy drawing. She'd found a walkman at a thirft store not long ago, and now rarely do you find her without it. Magiie from the record store was all the glad to get the girl some cassette tape, which had now become a regular patronage with the amount of music she consumes.

Aziraphale was tending to the book shop. Dusring off the books, flecks being highlighted in the light floating through the air. He was making sure all books wet eon their proper place, that patrons hadn't starched a book where it should r be. I the back of his mind he was deciding which were to be his next reread.

Crowley slithered up from behind, wrapping his arms around his angel's waist. Aziraphale gave no hesitance or discomfort as he leaned into the hold."What is it dear?" he softly asked.

"Nothing," the demon mumbled into the others shoulder. He lifted his head to rest his chin on the shoulder. "Sometimes I forget I can just hold you as I please."