Chapter 12

Dodie should not have stayed up late. Sleep had been extra hard for her that week. Yet she still thought binging as much of the Twilight series with Jim was a good idea. What better way to teach the guy how to act by giving him hours of what not to do. He had always learned what to do by knowing what not to do before.

"Oh, good you're awake," Jim greeted her as she came down stairs. "I have a couple questions."

"Yeah?" she grumbled, still tired even if it was almost one o'clock in the afternoon.

"What is a vampire?" he asked, "And werewolves as well for that matter."

Dodie froze, deadpanned. "Myths," she settled on the answer with the least amount of explaination, "They don't exist. Vampires are most simply dead people who aren't dead, need to drink blood, hate garlic, and have a weird relationship with the sun. Werewolves are people who turn into wolves. Traditional during full moons, most modern interpretation say whenever they want."

"Oh," Jim said simply.

He clearly had more questioned. "That's a crash corse, if you want more info there's books to read. Vampire defiently Dracula, and Carmilla wouldn't hurt. Werewolves...." She didn't know many classic werewolf stories off the top of her head. "I'll get back to you on those." She would need to Google some stuff, or ask Aziraphale.

Before either of those, she needed some cafine. She left the shop, prepaired for the trek across the street. Her path happened to cross the path of her parents. "Dodie dear," Aziraphale cheered, "Glad to see you are awake." He gave her a quick hug and kiss on the temple. "Thought you would sleep the whole day away."

Crowley reached over, ruffling her hair. "Learned any lessons?" he asked her. She knew he was more so implying doing stuff with Jim than anything else.

"Don't start a movie marathon at eight," she said plainly. "Like a single movie, your fine, could even live with two. But like beyond that, say good bye to whatever semblance of a sleep schedule you had."

"I'd actually say you got more sleep today than any other night this week," Crowley pointed out.

Aziraphale held open the cafe door for the two of them, letting them enter before them.

Nina chuckled at the sight of them. "Well if it isn't the entire Fell family, what can I do for ya?" she asked them.

"I'm here to make sure you will be attending the monthly shop keepers meeting tonight in the book shop," Aziraphale told her.

Dodie looked to him in surprise, being the first she had heard about any of that. The bookshop was her home, she thought she had the right to know what was going to go on in it. Maybe not a say, but at least know.

Nina then looked to the teen questioning. "I'm just here for a latte," she explained.

---------

She felt a pair of eyes staring at her from behind. Dodie stretched her neck to see Jim watching her. "Can I help you?" she asked him.

"What are you doing?" he asked. He had never hesitated to ask questioned, expecially when prompted.

"I'm drawing," she simple pointed out. She turned her sketch book to him for a moment. There wasn't much of even a sketch to show. Dodie returned to her activity, deciding to ignore the watchful gaze.

It was sorta hard to ignore when he started to hover right over her shoulder. "You're making stuff..." he pointed out the obvious.

Dodie nodded, "I do that pretty often. Making stuff if fun."

Jim was so close he was practically resting his head on the girls shoulder. She slowly leaned the other way to get her own space.

"Who tells you what to make?" the man wondered.

Dodie gave him a strange look. Clearly even though it was a memory wipe, there was still the original programming sticking around.

"No one," Dodie said almost sarcastically, "I just make what I want to." Jim let out a hum in confused curiosity.

Dodie took his curiosity and confusion as a challenge. She stood up onto her feet so suddenly it righted Jim. "Alright it's you turn to make something." She pulled out a blank piece of paper from the desk, and held it out along with a pencil to Jim.

The man was looking at it as thought it was something he was entirely unfamiliar with. "Draw something," she demanded, practically forcing it on him.

"What should I draw?" He hesitantly took the tools from the girl.

Dodie point a finger right at his face. "You get to decide," she stressed dramatically. "The entire page is for you to work with. It's blank and empty, fill it whatever your little mind thinks of, and your heart desires."

Dodie just observed as Jim just continued to gaze at the blank paper. Slowly he shuffled over to the desk, needing a surface to draw on. She hovered from a distance, knowing the stress of having someone watching over your shoulder.

Soon Dodie returned to drawing as well, not having the patience to wait for Jim to finish. He was working suite intently and she didn't want to rush him. "I'm done," he declared to the quiet room.

The girl perked up. "Show me," she demanded of him.

Jim stood up from the desk chair his drawing in his hands. He had a wide, infectious smile on his face. The man turned his page around to show what he had drawn to the girl.

"It's a fly," she commented, mildly confused, though still trying to sound enthusiastic.

"It's what my mind and heart want to draw," he explained.

Dodie tilted her head to look at the drawing from another angle. It was a very well drawn fly, as though it was going to fly right off the page. "How do you know how to draw?" she wondered. Realism takes a lot of practice, of which Jim had none.

Jim shrugged. "I have no idea."

------

Dodie didn't think there was going to be a situation for Jim to wear the blue suit. She was proven wrong. Her papa had asked her to dress up for the evening. She had changed into a dress from the 60's she had thrifted and had yet to wear. She came down to find Jim in his suit and broke out in laughter.

"Dodie, enough of that," Aziraphale scolded the teen.

"But it's a blue tuxedo!" she stressed. "A baby blue tuxedo!"

Aziraphale let out a long sigh. "I've come to regret letting you go on your own," he confessed, "Now come along, we still have to do the finishing touches before anyone comes over."

Dodie groaned due to the prospect of needing to do something. Dodie along with the blue clad Jim were in charge of making and handing out the horderves. Well more she made them whole Jim watch curiously, trying to help yet not quite understanding what was going on.

If course when he was asked a questioned, he wanted to figure out the answer to it. The way he decided to figure it out was to eat them. Dodie walked over with a dejected sigh. She pushed Jim out of the way, trying to stop him from eating her hard work.  "No of them contain nuts," she told the French restaurant owner, "However they were made in a kitchen that also contains nuts."

"I'll just play it safe," she answered still eyeing the man child. The teen once again shoved him away, grumbling something under her breath.