Chapter 11

Dodie was sitting on the couch, unable to sleep. Nothing new. She had turned on the lamp on the side table to illuminate the photo album she was looking through. It mainly consisted of photos of her. From her first day of school for every year starting at Year 1. Then birthdays, and other special events. Her favorite was when she was wrapping gifts to donate during the holiday season, Orbi's head stiling out a roll of wrapping paper.

"You're still awake," someone called out in disbelief.

Dodie looked up over the photo album. Crowley had just walked into the loft, still dressed from the day. "Could ask you the same thing," she pointed out as he took off his glasses.

"I'm back before my cerfew," the demon joked, sitting down next to his daughter on the couch.

Dodie sat the photo album down on the coffee table. "It's Monday," she pointed out, "You missed our show." They'd watched every knew episode as it aired together for multiple years at this point.

"Shit," Crowley hissed, "I'll make it up to ya' I promise." He wrapped am arm around the girls shoulder, pulling her into his side.

She softly laughed. "Don't let Papa hear you talking like that around me." Aziraphel had neve like Crowley swearing when Dodie could hear.

"I need to deal with Jim living under the same roof as us, Angel can live with my colorful language," he sighed.

"Is that why you were out so late?" Dodie wondered, curling further into he comfort her Dad provided.

Crowley curled into him a bit as well. "It's complicated Kiddo," he sighed. "Aziraphale sees the good in everyone, everything. Which I love him for it, but sometimes he's a bit too trusting."

"He has no self preservation," Dodie agreed.

Crowley scrunched his nose, letting out a hum of disagreement. "I wouldn't say that."

"Self-sacraficing?" Dodie offered as a correction.

"I think you just hit the nail on the head there ya little monster," Crowley laughed. "He'd never acknowledge it. He's too proud."

"Your not much better," the girl grumbled.

The demon hushed her, placing a and over her mouth. Dodie could talk for hours if given the chance. "It's late," he told her. "Try to get some sleep." While it sounded like a prompt for the two to split and head to their repesctice bed, they continued to be curled into one another's familiar comfort.

------------

Dodie was reminded of a dog with the way Jim followed her around. Not Dog, Dog was a good dog and didn't follow people around when they had food. She was even teasing him like such, moving the plate and watching his eyes follow. She had wondered if she were to throw a biscuit if he'd chase after it. Instead she just handed him a biscuit.

"Oh, it warm," he said in amazement.

Dodie stepped down the last step. "Fresh from the oven," she declared. When she was youger Papa and her would often make biscuits together to go with tea or coco. Now that she was older she did so herself, storing them to eat through the week during tea times. Of course she would always bring a fresh play down to her papa, who loves to snack on the homemade treats.

Dodie didn't find him alone like Aziraphale usually is at the time. No it was practically a party with her arrival and Jim's following. Perched on the side of Aziraphale'chair was Crowley, nothing strange about that. Across from them sat what appeared to be a police officer, if they had very recently changed the uniform to be entirely white.