Chapter 1

Eddy woke up as he felt some shifting beside him. He looked around and saw Brett, sleeping beside him. They have found an apartment together so that filming wouldn't be much an issue. Strange to see him there, especially since they both have individual rooms.

As soon as the realization hit, it saddened the mood. Eddy couldn't help but hug him, despite knowing that it wouldn't make much of a difference. He felt guilty for leaving his friend like this. After giving so much weight to Brett, he didn't even get to say goodbye.

Everything disappeared now. It all fell apart.

The channel, the friendship, his presence.

Everything.

                                                                                                 ☆

Watching Brett unravel the news to the camera made his heart ache. It hurted him seeing him like that. Bloodshot eyes, pale as ever, couldn't even smile. It hurted even more when he mentioned that he was going on a long break and possibly not continuing twoset anymore. They were so close to hitting 4 million subscribers and they were so excited about the virtual tour they've been planning but everything happened so suddenly.

Why must life be so cruel?

His tears couldn't be held back anymore as he let them fall freely. He couldn't care less about those anymore, especially that no one can see him. Although he wished that Brett could still him, to prove that he'll never leave Brett's side. Ever. 

Eddy placed his arm around Brett's shoulders, creating a side hug. "You did well, Brett. Get some rest now." Eddy said, imagining the times where he had to remind Brett to take a break. It was definitely some good memories. He can't really do anything anymore, can he? He can't film, he can't play, he couldn't even comfort his own best friend anymore. How useless can he get?

As Brett left to take a shower, Eddy saw his violin left in a corner. He took a closer look at it and smiled as he remembered all the times he had fun playing with Brett, their friends, and of course with their fans. Violin was his whole life and yet no matter how he wants to relive those moments, he just couldn't.

Not when he's already gone.