Chapter 2

It all started at math tutoring.

Eddy was sitting patiently, waiting for the class to start. He wished he didn't have to do this but his mom signed him up anyway. He could've stayed at home and played smash bros all day or practice even but here he was, in math tutoring. He sighed deeply and buried his head in his arms. He just wanted to go home.

He quickly raised his head and sat up straight as he heard the teacher enter the room. "Alright everyone, I would like you to meet our new student Brett Yang."

Eddy didn't really pay much attention, he couldn't care less at this point. He never exactly made friends in tutorings. His thoughts were interrupted as he felt someone tap his shoulder. He turned around to see an asian boy with glasses. 

"Hey, do you mind if I sit here?" The boy asked.

"Oh yeah, no worries." He replied and lent him the seat. The two sat together quietly and listened to the tutor.

An hour later, they were assigned to find a partner and finish a word problem together. Things keep getting worse and worse throughout the day. He doesn't even know anyone in the class! As he was thinking on what to do, the boy beside him spoke "hey, I don't really know anyone here but do you wanna partner up?"

Eddy thought of it for a sec but he didn't really have much of a choice anyways so he answered "Oh yeah sure."

The boy smiled brightly and nodded. Eddy couldn't help but wonder how this kid could still smile, especially during this time. As the boy was taking out his notebook, Eddy asked for his name. The boy stared at him and chuckled "I'm Brett. Weren't you paying attention earlier?"

That made Eddy blush, embarrassed. "O-oh, yeah. Sorry. I just really hate math."

"Nahh I was kidding, don't worry. But yeah, I do hate math too."

Soon enough, the pair was almost finished with the problem. Eddy was thankful that Brett asked him to be his partner cause thanks to him, he finally understood the equation. In no time, Brett insisted on passing their work to their teacher's desk. As Brett sat down, Eddy smiled at him and said. "Thanks for helping me."

"No worries. Thanks for actually pairing up with me. I'd never thought I'd make a friend here, honestly."

Since most of the time was just for the pair work, Brett and Eddy chatted the whole way through and Eddy enjoyed it a lot. Turns out, Brett also plays violin and he's only a year above him. He was so glad to find someone who has similar interests as him. He was just so happy!

As class ended, the pair walked out together. Eddy saw his mum so he quickly bid Brett a goodbye and left. As he went to his mum he quickly greeted her "Hi mama." He said in mandarin

"Wow, who's that friend you had there?" Her mum asked.

"Oh, his name is Brett. He just transferred here." He told his mum.

His mum smiled and said "well looks like you got along pretty well. Now let's go, I'm making Kung Pao chicken."

Eddy nodded happily and sat inside their car.

This was the best day ever.