Chapter 9

Eddy woke up and found no one beside him. He must’ve gotten up early, typical Brett. He thought. He knew that Brett is more of a morning person as he would always wake up in the earliest times, doesn't matter what time he sleeps. Eddy got up and yawned.

As he walked out the room, the first thing he didn’t expect to see was a girl eating with him. He couldn’t help but feel jealous and sad at the sight of it. Brett was moving on. Sure, he’s glad for Brett but it felt like his best friend was starting to forget him. Was Brett really forgetting him?

Eddy shook his head, attempting to shove that thought away but it wouldn’t so all he could do was go back in his room and lay down again. He hated it. It took Eddy a while to realize that he wasn’t happy with this anymore. He wanted to be happy again, just like Brett but he knew it wouldn’t work. Not in this form.

He rubbed his face and tried to sit up. Once again, he saw the small light again from a distance. Maybe this is it, his path to being happy again. As he got closer and closer to it, the door suddenly opened. Eddy kept on walking further until Brett spoke.

“Eddy?”

His eyes widened as he heard his name. “Brett? You can see me?”

“Eddy!” He was startled as Brett launched himself to him, hugging him tight. “Eddy, I miss you so much.”

“Me too, bud.” He replied as he closed his eyes, melting himself into the hug. “I really do.”

Ever so slowly, Eddy released himself from the hug. He smiled weakly and looked back at the glowing light, continuing to walk again. He was quickly stopped as he felt a hand hold his. He looked back and saw Brett’s sad eyes “Don’t leave please. I need you here.”

“I know. But this is for the best. I don't want you to be pulled down because of me. I want to do what’s best for the both of us.” Eddy smiled, attempting to let go but his friend won’t budge.

“Please, stay.” Brett begged as the stream of tears appeared in both of their eyes.

“Take care of yourself for me please.” Eddy said as he pulled his hand away and touched the light, disappearing through the thin air.