Chapter 5

Eddy woke up to the sound of Brett who was shifting around his bed. Is he having a nightmare? Eddy thought. He was getting kind of worried as Brett was whimpering in fear. He was getting kind of worried so he decided to try shaking him, despite knowing that Brett wouldn’t feel a thing. But he just couldn’t help it.

Out of nowhere, Eddy got startled as he heard Brett’s phone ringing. With that, Brett also woke up from the ringing. He watched Brett who quickly got up and took the phone and answered it outside.

“I wonder who that was..” Eddy mumbled to himself as he slowly peeked in the corner. He didn’t really hear most of the conversation, but apparently it's about a trip? He assumed their friends invited him somewhere, to hopefully cheer him up.

Eddy didn’t mind though, he was glad that the others were there for Brett while he couldn’t. Their friends would always do anything for the both of them.

An hour later, he was left alone in the apartment. He wanted to follow Brett again but he couldn’t stand a chance just to sit there like a wallflower while they had fun. It hurts.

It feels cold without Brett being there, being his rock. They’ve always done everything together, everything was done in two set. It’s always Brett and Eddy, not just Brett or just Eddy. They were family. Both couldn’t function properly when one of them is gone, they need each other to fill each other’s half.

Now that he’s gone,

Who’s going to fill the void for him now?

Eddy laid in his bed for what seemed like hours, letting all his emotion flow out. So I really am gone? He thought as he tried to wipe his tears. He couldn’t believe all of this had happened. He wished that someone would wake him up and tell him it was all a dream.

If it was a dream, when will this end?