Chapter 4

It was Brett’s 15th birthday and Eddy was ecstatic. He couldn’t wait to give his present Because he knew Brett would love it.

Brett and Eddy have now been close friends after that tutoring. They would often plan playdates and such. It got even better when they accidently met at the same auditorium. It’s like they were meant to be best friends!

As he arrived, he gave Brett a smile and hugged him. ‘Hey! Happy Birthday, bro!”

“Thanks, I really appreciate you coming here.’’

“Of course! Besides, I’m not missing the day you’re becoming old.” Eddy said as he wiped a fake tear, making both of them laugh. What were they even doing?

As the laughing died down, Brett had let him inside the house. Eddy sat on the table and waited for Mrs. Yang to give out the food. His eyes widened as he saw that Brett’s mom placed down a bowl of Kung Pao Chicken. His favorite.

“Woah, this smells so good Mrs. Yang!” Eddy exclaimed as he inhaled the sweet smell of it.

“Why thank you, Eddy.” Brett’s mom replied.

The two sat together and ate in peace. Eddy hummed as he took the first bite. Who knew Mrs. Yang could cook so well? About 5 minutes later, the two excused themselves as Brett offered him to go to his room.

As they entered the room, Eddy immediately took notice of the games Brett had. There were so many he couldn’t even decide what to play! Brett looked at him and showed him his sheet music. Of course, practice must always come first.

Eddy, of course being the prepared bean he was, bought his violin with him. He knew they’d had to practice. If this is a way for them to get better, he’ll take every opportunity. Eddy suggested playing some Bach, which they did.

Soon enough, the two of them had played all of the duets they could think of. So they decided to call it a day as Brett popped in a game in his console. The pair didn't realize that it was getting late until Eddy's mom called him to pick him up. He sighed and packed up his violin.

Eddy was about to leave until he forgot something. The gift! He almost forgot to give it to him. "Hey, here's your gift by the way." He said as he handed a small box. He watched Brett slowly open the box. Eddy was relieved when he saw Brett’s smile.

“Yo, this looks so cool!” Brett exclaimed as he took out the gift. It was just a simple gift, well at least that’s what Eddy thinks. It was a handmade violin strap with Brett’s name on it and a small bubble tea stitched on it.

“Do you like it?” Asked Eddy.

“Bro this is so cool! I love it!” Brett exclaimed as he quickly connected his new strap in. Eddy could tell that Brett was in love with it, and that let Eddy’s worries flow away.

“Glad you like it. Well, I gotta hit the road now.” Said Eddy and bid his goodbye.