Chapter 6

(Please forgive me for the inaccuracies in this one, I tried my best doing research here but I sort of failed ;-;)

Eddy was now 27 as Brett was 28.

The two waved their hands as they turned their camera off, finally finishing their filming. All they needed to do was to send it off to the editing team and they were finally done.

As Brett was packing up the cameras, Eddy suddenly felt his stomach hurting. This had been happening for a while already but he usually just shrugged it off and thought he just ate something bad. This time though, the pain was awful.

Brett saw him holding his stomach and quickly got worried. “Yo, what’s wrong?”

“I don’t know anymore, this has been going on for the past days but not this bad.” Eddy whimpered as he held his stomach tight, hoping it would stop the pain.

Brett being the great friend he is, quickly got up and got him some water. Brett suddenly dragged him to his car and went straight to the ER.

Eddy really tried to stop himself from the tears but it was unbearable. Why must this happen to him?

A few minutes later, they were already in the ER. Eddy was immediately admitted to a room and Brett stayed with him. They had to wait for almost an hour in the room and Eddy was thankful that Brett didn’t leave his side. Eddy had fallen asleep for a little bit, tired from all this commotion.

Brett must’ve heard him shift because as soon as he did, Brett looked at him and asked “Hey, you feeling better?”

“No, not really. It still hurts but not as much.” He groaned.

Thankfully, after waiting for another few minutes, a doctor finally came in. “Hello, I’m sorry for the long wait. This is Mr. Chen’s room, am I right?”

The pair nodded nervously. Who knows what this could be?

“Okay so, from what I’ve picked up, Mr. Chen here is having stomach pain, correct?” The doctor asked again, to which Eddy nodded again. The two looked at each other as they watched the doctor write something in their clipboard.

“Have you kept track of your urine? Like its color?”

“Well, not exactly. Although it's always like a dark shade.”

After a few questions here and there, the doctor told them that it could possibly be pancreatic cancer. So the doctor told them to come back tomorrow for a CT scan. As for now, the doctor prescribed him some Aspirin to hopefully lessen the stomach pain.

The two got back to their apartment silently. Eddy was overwhelmed with the news he received. Pancreatic Cancer? I don’t even know what that is!”

He didn’t even realize he was crying until Brett hugged him tight, attempting to calm him down with his soothing voice. “Shh, It’s alright Eddy. We can do this.”

The sobs wracked his body as he felt Brett hugged him tighter. Life is full of surprises.