XII - "green-eyed" | jealousy

.

green-eyed
- envious or jealous.

You were in deep slumber, all huddled up in your beloved comforter as the air conditioner blew cold air in the room when the Cha Cha Slide suddenly blasted from your phone that is placed on the wooden bedside table near your orange lampshade that is lightly dimmed up.

Let's say that it had been playing for almost five minutes and after ringing for six times now, it finally reached through your brain and yes, the mofo sent a signal to finally wake your sleepyhead up.

An irritated groan escaped your lips as you reached out to towards your bedside table to grab your phone with your eyes still closed as you wonder to yourself, 'Who on earth is calling me at this early?'

"Hello...?" You groggily spoke through the phone as you put your hand over your mouth and yawned. There has been a short silence until a feminine voice spoke.

"Hello dear? I'm sorry, it seems like I've woken you up from your sleep haha..." Yeah, she definitely did woke you up. But who is this though? "Oh... yeah you did but it's alright... wait, who are you if I may ask?" You questioned as you leaned on the headboard of the bed, finally opening your eyes as you looked around your lightly dimmed room.

"Oh it's me, Kiyoko! Akihiro's mother... don't you remember?" She spoke through the line. You frowned as your brain went into 'loading-mode.' Your eyes slowly widened as soon as everything finally sinked in as you abruptly sat up from your bed with a frantic look. "Wait I— Mrs. Akihiro, I'm so sorry! I wasn't in the right state of mind just now but I'm alright now, and yes I remember you!" You exclaimed a bit, a hint of panic lacing in your voice as your soul had finally woken up.

You heard a chuckle from the other line as you sighed for a bit. "It's okay dear! Anyways, I was about to ask you if you're busy today or doing anything because I'm meeting up with someone and would like you to take care of Akihiro for me while I'm gone..."

You glanced at your calendar to see if you'll have anything to do today and saw that there was nothing written in it. Definitely one of those rare days since most of the time, it's full of schedules and reminders for homeworks and upcoming exams. This time, you don't have any even just a single one which felt so relieving. Being problematic with schoolworks is absolutely the WORST.

"I can take care of him Kiyoko-san, don't worry hehe. I don't have anything to do today anyways and besides, it's my job to take care of your son!" You spoke as you got up from your bed and walked towards the light switch to open the lights of your room.

"That's great! Thank you so much, (Y/N)! Just come and meet us at the mall. We'll be waiting for you." And with that, she hung up the call. You frowned a bit as you stared at your phone.

Meet in the mall?

Oh dear...

This will be a long day.

.

.

.

"Nee-san!!" Akihiro's eyes lit up as soon as he saw you and ran towards you with his arms widely open, ready to give you a big hug. A smile made it's way to your lips as you knelt down with open arms and accepted the little boy's hug.

"Hello Akihiro!" You greeted him as you pulled away from the hug. Akihiro smiled cheekily and he held on your hand as the two of you walked towards his mother who is currently sitting at the table while watching the two of you with a smile.