(01) gloriously cursed

The story started like this

There was a girl, born into a family that had once held immense glory. Now, all they held was a powerful secret and locations of hidden vaults full of cursed weapons. The family wasn't even a complete family. There was just the girl's father and her living in their old, traditional house. The girl's mother had passed away during childbirth and had no other children.

The girl lived a good life, a normal life. Well, as normal as it could be for someone with immense cursed energy. But her father was a good man. He taught her control. He taught her how to manipulate her technique. After all, her's was just the same as his, only much better. Her father was a good man, she believed from the bottom of her heart and soul.

The belief disappeared when she was seven.

The girl played in the courtyard, happily lifting objects with her untamed cursed technique, unaware that today was the day everything would change. And in that one moment when her father came stumbling over, the devastating secret was burnt into her. It embedded itself into the depths of her soul, granting her powers she could not even use.

The belief that her father was a good man was gone, replaced only by pure hatred. The man had committed a grave mistake. It festered and festered, till one day he was completely cursed and fell so sick that he was left permanently confined to a hospital bed.

And that brings us to the present day.

The girl was now grown up. Her name? Ayase Hitomi, a jujutsu sorcerer in training at the Tokyo Jujutsu High. This is her story.

And I am that devastating secret.

*

Too much noise, too much chaos was what you should expect if you hung around the menace that is Gojo Satoru. Unfortunately, being his classmate, Hitomi was often (unintentionally) dragged into his shenanigans. Though, she was lucky that Yaga, their teacher, held a great amount of trust in her and believed in her a greater amount.

But today was a day where she and Geto had been dragged into Gojo's mess. The trio sat on their knees in Yaga's office, being yelled at by their teacher.