(04) the young and the reckless

"So that is all I have been told

"So that is all I have been told."

She had another meeting with the elders. Another meeting where they would try and coerce Hitomi into revealing the locations of her family's cursed weapon vaults. Yaga knew about those, given that he was the only person her father trusted enough to reveal the secret of the vaults.

Unlike the three prominent clans, all of whose weapons were locked up at Tokyo Jujutsu High, the Ayasaki clan's weapons, far greater in number than all of the clans combined, were scattered all over the country, sealed away and buried deep. As the current head of the clan (only because of her father's incapacitation), Hitomi knew of all the locations, knew of all the strengths that these weapons carried. They could not just be handed over to the elders, who would only use them for their own benefit.

"When am I supposed to meet with them?" Hitomi asked, as she crossed her arms.

"When you come back from your mission in the Tanzawa mountains," Yaga replied. "If you wish, I can join you in the meeting."

"No need, sensei," She waved him off. "I'll handle them." She was being respectful in the presence of Yaga, but mentally she was cursing the elders. "Thanks for the offer though. I'm not going to worry about them too much."

"Alright," Yaga replied. Gently patting Hitomi's shoulder, he spoke, "Be careful on your mission."

"Always," Hitomi answered. She bowed her head respectfully before leaving his office.

'Are you going to bully the elders again?' Izuki asked, as she walked down the hallway towards the exit of the building. 'Like the last meeting? Because if you are, please let me know. I wanna see this drama.'

'Who knows what I'll do, but I'll make it entertaining for you,' Hitomi replied mentally. 'I love screwing with the elders, knowing that they can't do anything to me. They won't do anything to me.'

'This is why I like you,' Izuki sounded amused. 'Take no shit from the bastards who control this world.'

'Of course not. I'll never listen to them or do shit for them, not till hell freezes over.'