(05) domain expansion

The anger after meeting the elders had not left Hitomi, as she had thought

The anger after meeting the elders had not left Hitomi, as she had thought. It had stayed, seeped them into her bones and had exploded when the next hospital visit took place. The argument with her dad had put her in an even worse mood.

She could just feel the cursed energy simmering beneath her skin. Having said that, Hitomi took a deep breath as she entered the classroom. Yaga would notice if she was in emotional flux and stop her from going on this mission. She couldn't let him do that; exorcising curses would be the perfect way to vent her anger out.

But the second Hitomi stepped inside, her expression dropped. Because, of course, her luck was that bad. And of course, Gojo and Geto would be on this mission too. She didn't mind working with Geto, but Gojo...

"You're late," Gojo said in a sing-song voice, as he lowered his sunglasses.

"I'll punch those sunglasses off your face," Hitomi spoke plainly as she took a seat next to Geto. The boy in question looked at her with slight concern, but she waved him off.

Yaga lightly shook his head, far too used to the constant bickering between Gojo and her. "Now that all of you are here, let me give you a brief of this mission and tell you how important it is."

The urgency in his voice was quite evident as he briefed them on the mission. A semi-special grade spirit (not quite a grade 1, but not a special grade either; somewhere in between) had appeared in an abandoned, half-constructed building next to a park. Sorcerers had been able to detect its energy at first, but then it had completely disappeared from view.

"Well, that sounds easy enough," Hitomi leaned in her chair, crossing her arms at the back of her head. "Me and Geto can handle this with ease."

"Hey!" Gojo looked outraged at being left out.

"Satoru needs to learn discipline, and his tendency to destroy things without any regard needs to be curbed. That's why I'm sending you both with him. Keep him under control."

"I don't do that!" Gojo childishly slammed his hands on the table.

"Really?" Hitomi and Geto said, almost at the exact same time, sharing similar expressions. Gojo's tendency to go all out, while much appreciated in fighting against special grade and grade 1 curses, was completely unnecessary in all other instances.