(12) last days of fun

It was strangely funny how easy it was to get Kuroi back

It was strangely funny how easy it was to get Kuroi back. With the Strongest Duo (And Hitomi, of course), it was not that hard to come up with a plan and take out the kidnappers, who had demanded to meet in Okinawa of all places. Hitomi had no clue yet as to why this was the chosen place, but they were here at the beach and Kuroi was safe. It would be nice to enjoy themselves for a few hours before returning to Jujutsu High.

The sun was bright, but its light was almost welcoming. It was not too hot either. The weather was perfect to be on the beach.

Riko and Gojo practically ran towards the ocean with strangely similar squeals of glee as the water splashed at their feet. Hitomi stood with Kuroi and Geto, half-tuned into their conversation and half-lost in her thoughts. She kept her hands in the pocket of the shirt that she wore over her dark blue bikini. She'd prefer going without the shirt, but there were people here and she did not want to show them her back. Not with the scars that covered it.

(And besides, there were more good-looking people to look at.) (She was referring to Gojo and Geto, though she would fall on a sword rather than admit it out loud)

"I can't believe I got captured by the Star Religious Group and by a non-sorcerer at that," Kuroi said, frowning. "I'm ashamed of myself."

"You couldn't help it if they caught you off-guard," Geto answered with a kind smile. "Part of the blame lies with me, too."

"Was I really caught off-guard though?" Kuroi asked quietly. "I thought I was on high alert after the incident with Q. I still don't have much recollection of being attacked. And you all came here by plane? Were you okay? You weren't attacked?"

"Gojo's got good eyes," Hitomi stated. "Before we took off, he checked over all the passengers and staff, as well as the inside and outside of the plane."

Geto nodded. "Yeah. And while we were in the air, I had my cursed spirit keep watch outside. It was safer than using a land route." Then with a slightly grave look, he added, "I'm more curious as to why they designated Okinawa for the exchange?"

"Probably to buy time, right?" Kuroi asked, looking at the two sorcerers. "Even if they fail to kill Riko-sama, they could keep her from making tomorrow's full moon deadline."

"If that were the goal," Hitomi replied. "They would choose a rural area with poor transit infrastructure."

"You don't think they're planning to take over the airport, do you?" Kuroi exclaimed, looking extremely worried.

"Maybe so. But we'll be fine. We are not the only ones who came here," Geto answered with a comforting smile.

Ah yes. Those two first years, Haibara and Nanami. Hitomi really liked them both. Both of them had good hearts in them, even though Nanami pretended to hide it behind that grumpy exterior. She only hoped those two remained safe during this mission.