Back into action (sort of)

A week following the bandit attack, Tigress was finally allowed to train with her friends. As the gong rang that morning for everyone to get up, the students woke up to greet Master Shifu and couldn't help but notice that Tigress was a lot happier than usual.

"I see you're in a good mood this morning, Tigress," the master noted.

"I finally get to train," Tigress answered immediately, trying with little success at hiding her over-eagerness to begin. "I have a right to be in a good mood."

"Well, just know that you'll be taking it easy for a few days until you're back where you were before you were put on bed-rest."

"Just as long as I get to kick something, I'll be fine."

"Very well, then."

The master cleared his throat. "We're going to skip meals today so that I can test your stamina with kung fu. And I'll be monitoring you carefully so that I know for certain that nobody is cheating."

He turned to go, Po falling dramatically onto the floor with an exasperated moan. It was pretty obvious that he didn't like the idea about not eating anything all day.

"Come on, Po. You'll be fine," Monkey assured him as the students followed Shifu outside.

"But I need my daily dose of dumplings!" Po whined. "The Dragon Warrior can't save the day on an empty stomach!"

"Po, that's the point of this exercise," Tigress told him with an eye roll. "There may be an occasion in battle were there is no food to eat, so we'd need to make what we could of it."

Po sighed. "I know," he mummbled. "But I'm a panda! I need food!"

"That has to be the worst excuse I have ever heard."

"I'm just trying to make a point."

"I don't care if you're a hawk; your species has nothing to do with your appetite."

Po gave her a doubtful look. Tigress thought for a second and then slyly smiled. "Well, if the mighty Dragon Warrior can't survive one measly day without the slightest taste of food or water, then I suppose he won't have room for freshly baked almond cookies tomorrow after dinner."

Po perked up. "What was that?" he asked.

"I'm just making a point."

"You cook?"

"No, but I can get Monkey to do it."

Po grinned. "You're gonna' get someone to bake a treat for me?" he asked.

"If you can go through the entire day about complaining about food or eating anything," Tigress told him.

"Awesome!" Po exclaimed. "I am up for this challenge! Uh, what happens if I lose?"

"You can be my personal punching bag for the next month and a half."

Po grimaced at the idea, having gotten injured when punching Tigress' shoulder on the boat towards Gongmen City. "Yeah," he said. "I'll stick with me winning this no food thing."

"Sure."

"You'll see!" Po told her. "I shall not let anyone in this valley feel the hunger pangs in my stomach until tomorrow.

Po's stomach roared loudly in hunger, almost as if to protest the idea. Tigress almost laughed, but managed to keep herself together while she and the rest of the five headed into the training hall.

"Today, we're going to spar," Shifu announced. "So as to help Tigress adjust back into training. Then we're going to work on a few kicks and then we're going to play a fun game."