The Nimbus

28 days and counting.....

After what felt like forever, Po finally suggested that they head back down to the village to check on Kai. With the Dragon Warrior having the pendent, however, Tigress wasn't too worried about the bull's present state. Po helped the master get to her feet as well as walk since she didn't enough strength to get around on her own. 

"Do you want me to carry you or would you rather I assist you in walking down?" Po asked.

"I'd rather try to walk," Tigress answered. "I don't like feeling helpless."

"Alright...."

The two then began to slowly walk out of the temple and headed down the side of the mountain towards the village. On the way down, Tigress asked her friend how he had managed to get his chi back, prompting Po to talk about his entire journey. He told her about meeting Oogway, Tai Lung trying to redeem himself, finding his balance by means of fighting Oogway, and how he found the stick used to bring back his kung fu skills and his chi. Tigress, in turn, told him what had happened while he was unconscious, including Kai offering her an orb that could have been used to help her remember her parents.

"I'm sorry about Kai smashing the orb," Po remarked after hearing the story. "That must have really stunk, losing the one thing that could tell you who your parents were."

Tigress shrugged. "It was either lose memories of my parents or lose you," she replied. "And I wasn't about to lose you."

Po smiled and gently squeezed her. A quick glance down at the village a bit close by indicated that they were half-way down the mountain slope. Kai was nowhere in sight however.

"So...what did you and Mei-Mei's kid look like?" Tigress asked him.

Po looked at her in surprise. "Why are you asking that?" he questioned. "I thought you and Mei-Mei didn't like each other."

"We don't. I'm just curious about what you and Mei-Mei's kid would have looked like since we'll never see him."

"Her," Po corrected. "And she pretty much looked like Mei-Mei. Minus all the make-up that is."

"Oh. Was she cute?"

"Well...yes. I mean, all babies are cute.... Don't you think so?"

"That depends."

"Um...our kid was cute too...."

Tigress smiled. "I'm sure he...or she...was too, Po. But I'd rather wait and see for myself."

"Alright...suit yourself."

The two continued down the slope, Po noticing that Tigress was beginning to get a little bit breathless.

"Hey, are you okay?" he asked with some concern.

The master nodded. "I'm just...a little worn out," she admitted. "It's just from Kai draining my chi. I'll be fine."

Po eyed her wobbling legs and said, "Yeah, I think I should carry you the rest of the way down."

"That won't be necessary, Po. I'm fine."

"Are you kidding? You're about ready to topple over."

"I can make it down."

"Tigress, I'm not taking no for an answer."

The master opened her mouth to protest, but the look on Po's face indicated that arguing would be completely pointless. She let out a sigh and said, "Alright. Just...can you carry me on your back, please?"