Empty

98 DAYS AND COUNTING....

The masters of the Jade Palace were a little bit forlorn when Po finally left, but they remembered that he wouldn't be gone long and thus made an effort to not be too sad about it. Tigress, who cared the most for Po out of the group of masters, was left deeply affected by his absence. Not wanting anyone to notice though, she kept the thoughts to herself and continued on with her training alongside her friends and her master/father. She wasn't quite sure just how long Po would be gone for, but she was determined to not be one of those type of girls who sulked about and felt they had no purpose in life just because the guy they loved wasn't currently with them.

I am not helpless. Or some sappy damsel. Or weak, she would tell herself daily. Po doesn't even know I like him. And if he did, it may not have ended well. Just be happy he's getting time to spend with his real dad. That's something most people like us never get the chance to do.

Tigress obviously missed Po right alongside her friends, but she tried not to show any additional sadness outside of just talking about how it was weird not having Po complain about a new training session. Or how it felt quieter without the Dragon Warrior cracking jokes. Or how much Po's antics would be missed. Fortunately for Tigress, the only person who took Po's absence about as hard as she was taking it was Monkey. Without his best friend and trickster partner-in-crime by his side, he was left with Mantis who didn't get as much into pranks as Po did. That's not to say that Mantis wasn't a fun friend; Monkey and Po just did things that Monkey and Mantis normally didn't do and no other person would replace that fun for the primate.

After a week passed since Po's departure, the master noticed how much quieter the Jade Palace seemed to be. She had always known how much of an impact Po made on everyone there, but she hadn't realized it's extremity until the panda left. There wasn't much hearty laughter. No wise-crack jokes. No dumb questions that made Shifu's ear twitch. No amusing and clumsy tumbles down the stairs. No one to talk to by the peach tree or meditate with or make up new kung fu moves with. It was...empty.

Tigress felt it hard. It settled in the pit of her stomach and it kept her up for hours when she tried to fall asleep. She could feel it engulf her when she tried to meditate alone in the training hall. To her, Po was the life of the Jade Palace. Without that life, there was no color.

Exactly one week and three days after Po's departure, the master's were given a day off as Shifu could see that they all missed Po and weren't completely focused. (Much to his slight annoyance). Tigress woke up that morning with the empty pit in her stomach once again. I need to get a hold of myself, she told herself. He won't be back for another four weeks!

The master's door swung open, revealing a very happy looking Monkey.

"Morning!!!" he called out cheerily. "How'd you sleep?"

"Fine," Tigress replied, sitting up to look at him. "I see you slept well."

"Aaaand we've had a great morning!" Monkey added with a grin. "Speaking of which, still miss Po?"

"To some degree along with the rest of you," Tigress admitted. "But he'll be back soon and in the meantime we still have the job of protecting the valley."

"I know," the master replied, smirking.

Tigress eyed him. "What exactly put you in a good mood this morning?" she asked.

Monkey started snickering and darted out of the doorway, leaving the master to groan irritably and get out of bed.

What on earth are those two up to now?!