Remnants from the ashes, part 1

Before I begin the chapter, I wanted to thank ForgeALWAYSUp2NoGood  for suggesting this idea to me. Thank you!!!!!!!

Tigress woke up the next morning to the sound of the morning gong. She heard her friends greet Master Shifu before they all headed out to do some more training. Tigress wasn't sure what it was that they were doing exactly, but she knew that training sounded like just the medicine she needed. She still hadn't recovered from the bizarre symptoms she had received the night before, (well a little bit, but not much), and they seemed to keep getting worse and worse. A few of them were leveling out which was nice for her since she didn't need to get lost in thought while accidentally locking eyes with Po. (Which she couldn't help but notice that she had been doing a lot lately).

What is wrong with me? the master thought to herself. I keep getting these strange feelings and they just will not go away!

The master yawned and sat up so as to stretch her arms. Some good, long meditation was in order in order to clear her head and help her to figure out whatever on earth was wrong with her. She got up from her bed and stepped outside her door only to come face to face with Po was also up for some reason.  A moment of awkward silence passed between them, Tigress feeling the butterflies raving around in her stomach and she fought to avoid staring at Po's eyes. What is wrong with me?!

"You're up early," she remarked at last. "I imagined you would be sleeping in...again."

"I couldn't sleep," Po told her. "I couldn't stop thinking about my dad and Scorpion."

"I can't say I blame you," Tigress said. She sighed. "You do realize that we still have to tell Shifu, right?" she added.

Po winced. "Do we have to?" he asked.

"Afraid so. That is our job. Do you want me to tell him?"

"No, I'll do it," Po told her. "After they finish up training and all."

"Sounds like a plan."

They stood in silence for a second, Po quickly adding, "Hungry?"

"As long as you don't make me cook," Tigress joked.

Po grinned at her. "If you don't practice, you'll never get better," he told her. He eyed her for a second. "How'd you learn how to make stir-fried tofu if you can't cook?" he asked her.

"It's not hard," Tigress replied. "You just stick it in a wok pan and let it fry for a minute or so."

Po shrugged. "True," he noted.

Tigress tried to not lock eyes with him as they stood silently for another moment, finding it hard to avoid looking at him. Po then began to walk towards the kitchen, urging her to follow him. When they got there, Po decided that they could make stir-fried noodles for breakfast. As no one was in the kitchen, Po assumed Shifu was doing the 'no breakfast' challenge again.

"I'm glad we won that sparring match," the Dragon Warrior noted happily.

Tigress smirked at him. "Why?" she joked. "The Mighty Dragon Warrior can't handle skipping one little meal?"

"Is that doubt I hear, Master Tigress?" Po answered slyly. "Or a warrior trying to get out of cooking?"

"Guess away, Dragon Warrior. I won't be giving you any clues."

Po grinned and went over to the side of the kitchen. He then grabbed a wok pan and called over, "Catch!"

Startled, Tigress grabbed it as it came flying at her face, smiling lightly at Po's determination to help her.