Together at last

7 days and counting....

Po waited nervously by the front of the barracks. It was late into the night when most of the villagers had gone to bed, nearly two weeks after visiting Bao Gu. He held a small box in his paws which he had out only to make sure nothing was scratched. He had had it for over a year by this point and looking at it just made him even more nervous. A creak from the door behind him caused the Dragon Warrior to slip the box into his back pocket as he turned around to greet Tigress.

"You ready to go?" she asked him with a smile.

"Absolutely," Po promised her.

Tigress shut the door, looking at Po who was giving her a lovestruck look. "What?" she asked.

"Nothing," the Dragon Warrior assured her. "I just love that shirt on you. That's all."

"I've been wearing the same style for over a month now."

"And you still look beautiful in it. And awesome! Awesome too!"

The master smirked at him and gave him a quick hug. "I won't penalize you for being nice," she assured him.

"Oh, okay. Good. Wait...I'm on a penalty system?"

"Lets just say that if anything goes wrong, our second date is going to be in the training hall on The Blushing Spikes of Impending Demise."

Po felt a few beads of sweat drip down his face. "Well don't make me more nervous than I already am!" he scolded her nervously. "I'm already terrified of screwing up and we haven't even left yet!"

Tigress rolled her eyes with a smile. "It'll be fine," she replied. "Just as long as your dad didn't invite the entire valley to spy on us."

"I've already warned him to not tattle to his customers until we're ready to announce it."

"Good."

The masters quietly snuck out of the Jade Palace and walked down the stairs to the sleeping village where a lone light from Mr. Ping's noodle shop could be seen in the dark. The couple walked inside where they spotted Me. Ping and Scorpion finishing up the touches on a table placed in the kitchen.

"Good evening, you two," Mr. Ping called over happily. "Come on over and sit down! There's nice, hot soup!"

The two warriors walked into the kitchen and sat down at the prepared table where they were promptly served dinner. Mr. Ping flitted around the couple with the courses, happily exclaiming, "This has to be one of he happiest days of my life! You two are finally together! I was so afraid Po wouldn't settle down, but here he is now with the girl of his dreams!"

Po turned a dark shade of red. "Daaaad...." he said.

Tigress, who was sitting across from him, merely chuckled.

"I'm sorry, son, but it's been so long since you've been in a solid relationship!"

"Solid relationship?" Tigress repeated.

"Dad, I've never been in a solid relationship."

"Exactly!!!"

Scorpion gave them their tea and then took Mr. Ping by the wing to lead him away. "Alright, Pingy, let's leave them to their date. You still owe me that night."

"I know, I know. I'll get the mahjong game."

"I'll get the tea and cookies set up."

The two soon left, leaving Tigress and Po alone. The two sat in silence for a while as they ate their dinner, unsure of what exactly to say on a first date. (Or at least, a first date with a former best friend anyway). Po spoke first and said, "So...you don't mind going on a double-date with dad and Scorpion?"